Save the date: Tune in April 28 for a Host Update with CEO Brian Chesky

Airbnb
Official Account

Save the date: Tune in April 28 for a Host Update with CEO Brian Chesky

Hello everyone,

CEO Brian Chesky will be providing updates and answers to your top questions about hosting during COVID-19 at 3:00 p.m PST Tuesday, April 28.

Watch it live: Airbnb.com/live

Can’t make it at that time? We’ll share a recording with you after the event.  

For more answers to your questions about hosting during this challenging time, please visit Airbnb.com/COVID–we’ll keep updating it with trends, tips, and information on what we're doing to support our community.

Thank you again for being a host and we hope you are staying safe and healthy. 

64 Replies 64
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Jerry250 Quick-minded observation.

This will be indeed interesting because Chesky is caught between two countervailing forces; the pressure from his firm belief that inequitably looking out for the guests should be done at all costs vs. lenders on the right who will certainly take into consideration his new actions and even Airbnb's ability to pay back existing and perhaps further necessary loans especially if he once again extends his beloved 'full refund' policy another whole month. 

My wild guess - for the fun of it - he will point out the obvious that the world is slowly going back to 'normal' thus Airbnb will wait & see, but leave the door open by mentioning extending the 'full refund' stand through June may become necessary.

Meantime Airbnb will be mired in internal court intrigues and only the proverbial fly on the wall will really know what is really going on. 😄

@Fred13The fact that he's paying 11% on new loans tells me everything I need to know about what the lenders think of the survival odds of the company.

https://www.bloomberg.com/businessweek

@Jennifer1421

.. and the second billion, under first lien terms.

The sharks are circling. 

No kidding.

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

Why does this remind me of tRump's Covid briefings?

Tyler320
Level 2
México D.F., Mexico

I sooooo hope this dude loses his job by the end of 2020. What a bonafide bum in all regards. The way he decided to respond to the crisis and put the full burden on hosts will be his downfall. Will be interesting to see if Airbnb survives this in general. Sure hope so, but we all should be hoping that Brian goes bye-bye!

Unless we see a culture change Im not sure why it should survive.  

Airbnb are Snakes.

@Paul60

There'll be no culture change. And no, Airbnb shouldn't survive.

Far too many good people have been cheated, mistreated, abused and exploited by this company and despite Brian's half-hearted attempt at a "mea culpa" in his March 30 video, the situation has continued to deteriorate (for both hosts and guests), and the abuse has continued to escalate exponentially since then. Airbnb's dominance and stranglehold over the STR world needs to be broken, permanently, to allow the market to open up for new, fairer, more ethical players. 

@Susan17 Fully agree.

Airbnb are Snakes.

Hear! Hear!

It’s highly unlikely that Pesky’s decisions were taken by him sole-handedly without the backing of the majority of the board. He’s just the one to show for it. 

April99
Level 2
Panama City Beach, FL

What to do if AirBnB is not refunding my guest 100% for a May 12th booking that was booked Months ago.  They keep passing me off to someone else and telling me that the timeframe doesn't fall into the policy.

Its ridiculous.   The policy for Covid 19 Covers April and May check-ins.  My guest booked the reservation back in January.  What can I do .. They are still refusing to refund my guest.

Sheila22
Level 10
New York, NY

Did Brian see this nice PR?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoTDPkNQ5Kc

I think this is when Airbnb will let us know about their new cleaning guidelines.  Have you seen the articles?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/business/airbnb-cleaning-coronavirus/index.html

Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

why so early in the morning..

Jeffrey Bong