Saved Messages Keyword Inserts

Answered!
Galen6
Level 2
Louisville, KY

Saved Messages Keyword Inserts

Hello everyone, does anyone know a good article or have a list of keywords that can be auto-inserted into the saved messages feature?

I am looking for stuff like: syntax for <Guest Name> or <Check-in time> or other keywords that I can use to make sure my messages match the reservation.

Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi @Galen6  there is a list of API-able words if you are building a message API? 

As for embedded functionality, Airbnb doesn't work this way natively but there are several message system providers out there that allow you to use syntax to encapsulate booking information into your saved messages. They pull your booking details through an API and allow you to automate messages around your booking schedule.  It even allows you to automate them!

Some good options are:

1. Superhost tools - simple, cheap, no nonsense, allows message customisation for each guest.
  2. Smartbnb - huge functionality, more complex, loaaads of nifty features though.
  3. Yourporter - FREE... but hard to setup (even I found this one painful)

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

@Galen6@Lizzie  :
To my knowledge it does not have that option. I've included @Lizzie to see if she can make this suggestion to the programming folks. It would really personalize the messages quickly!

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi @Galen6  there is a list of API-able words if you are building a message API? 

As for embedded functionality, Airbnb doesn't work this way natively but there are several message system providers out there that allow you to use syntax to encapsulate booking information into your saved messages. They pull your booking details through an API and allow you to automate messages around your booking schedule.  It even allows you to automate them!

Some good options are:

1. Superhost tools - simple, cheap, no nonsense, allows message customisation for each guest.
  2. Smartbnb - huge functionality, more complex, loaaads of nifty features though.
  3. Yourporter - FREE... but hard to setup (even I found this one painful)

Thanks for the feedback all and here’s to hoping that the Titans at AirBnb add some functionality here to the native app. I’m always a bit afraid of using templates because it just takes one time for me to miss the <brackets> huge embarrassment.

@Ben551 Those are helpful recommendations on the api front. Thanks. I don’t want to build my own api connection if there are $5/month options.

For any other hosts looking this up, those other programs will reply to guests through Airbnb's platform so you will keep your response time and communication on AirBnb.

It would be great to have features like this directly in the AirBnb program -

I would think a method to get better communication/ more timely information to guests would be a feature worth investigating,    Is there a way this could go on the request for enhancement list?   

I know I've been provided a link in the past for other features and then they went to consideration - and some implemented!    But need to remember how that process worked.

Hope to hear more