“Saving your Young Daughter’s Virginity Over Her Weekend Trip” as a strong marketing positioning

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

“Saving your Young Daughter’s Virginity Over Her Weekend Trip” as a strong marketing positioning

of the Apartment for rent.

Hello, dear hosts.

---- A little preview of who I am (beneath this preview you can read the actual post) ------

I’m also the host on Airbnb (Ukraine, Eastern Europe, Kiev - the capital), but daily rent is more an experiment for me, as my major emphasis is a long term rent for international police and embassy workers. And as I am an international marketer, the daily rent field teaches me a lot in terms of marketing.

Some of you, guys, told me before that I’m having very original and not common “military” style of hosting. And some were surprised how is it possible to get clients this way. So, in my future posts I will explain to you the other side of rental coin and what is it like to be a military type of host.

For the ones who were not acquainted with me before, here is one of my “military style” experimental rental spaces on Airbnb in one of the Oldest Guest Houses in Europe with the strongest-longest house rules list ever, and by the moment of writing this post I am surprisingly a “Superhost”:

www.airbnb.ru/rooms/26808906

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, last time, we noticed in our building to have an intense traffic of very young people of 18-22 coming as tourists or students to Kiev from The Middle East countries. Somehow in their age category Airbnb is very popular. Although a lot of these youngsters are originally from very well provided families, when young people are trying to build up a trip by themselves and show their independence from parents, they choose to rent a good quality room in apartment for diplomats in the very center of the capital instead of staying in the hotels.

I had many clients like this. Very young Insta-models who finally went on their vacations without parental control. But their fathers always called me on the phone to be sure that their daughters are going to a safe place.

One of the calls I got from the middle east father sounded like this:

- Can you place my daughter 5 hours before the check in time?

- No, sorry, I can not. Check in is at 14.00 as written in my ad. We have a lot of police living in the house, so everything we do is strictly according to the charter, minute in a minute. Is your daughter aware that she’s renting a room in “police department” type of building?

- Yes, of course she has read!!!

- And, Papa, remind your daughter, there are NO ADDITIONAL GUESTS FROM THE SIDE OF LESSEE ARE ALLOWED!

- Perfect! - happy father exclaims, - NO ADDITIONAL GUESTS! (appeals to his daughter in a mentor tone, and gets back to me in a whisper) - There will be no additional guests, I promise you...

So, that is one of the strongest winning marketing positions of “military” type of hosting .The Middle East father is having less headache letting her young daughter go to another country. And I’m having an income.

I am even thinking upon placing a new advertisement line in my ad:

“Wanna save your daughter’s virginity over her weekend trip - place her in my Apartment”

-----------

If you wanna know how we keep guests disciplined in our Apartments, you can also read this thread:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Who-were-your-wrong-clients-attracted-by-quot-the-smart-...

------

And here is also my post about

HOW TO RENT A ROOM IN YOUR APARTMENT TO YOUR BOYFRIEND VIA AIRBNB AND IMPROVE YOUR PRIVATE LIFE:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/THE-STORY-OF-HOW-TO-RENT-A-ROOM-IN-YOUR-APARTMENT-TO-YOU...

30 Replies 30
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Olga464  I read the title...and instantly knew who the author was ahaha. Love it 🙂

Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Olga464 😄

I'm laughing so hard now!!!

Keep posting more PLEASE.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Olga464  You must be truly hiliarious after a drink or two:)  That is awesome.  

@Mark116  I'm not taking alcohol at all. I am on a healthy side.

@Olga464  alcohol is healthy, it disinfects 😄

As you have vodka we have RAKIJA. It is not just alcohol - it's strong medicine for all health problems from the flue and joint pain to stomach sickness 🙂

We had Japanese guests last year and they arrived with nausea in their stomach, probably from the flight so we gave them rakija and they drank it. An hour later they have texted us, said they are feeling great and went on wine and cheese tasting 😄 😄

@Branka-and-Silvia0  I use propolis tincture.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

And this brings back so many childhood memories 🙂

My mother (who is originally from Bosna) used too boil home made RAKIJA from

her village with a tea spoon of sugar

and give it to me anytime I feelt "little under the weather"

And NO, That's not child abuse it's medicine from the baby boomer

generation 😄

And I sleept like a baby....

@Susie111   I had a great book when my kids were young, called "How to Have Healthy Children In Spite of Your Doctor" written by a pediatrician, but one who touts some old-fashioned remedies, the attitude that you don't have to take your kid to the doc every time they have a little sniffle or cough, but which taught you when some symptoms should be considered worth getting checked out. He went through all the childhood diseases, truths and myths about all of them, and so on.

He said that the ingredient in cough syrup which actually makes you stop coughing is alcohol. All the rest is just sugar, flavoring, coloring and other crap. He said the old-fashioned remedy for a cough- a teaspoon of whiskey or brandy,  was just fine to give your kids, and would do the trick.

@Sarah977 

Yeah, that stuff worked great!

l just remember that my poor mum always told me to 

keep it quiet from my school friends and their parents.

Because l was raised in Sweden where that custum was not practiced.

she was afraid that they would judge her, poor mummy.

I just wished l could get hold of that organic home made RAKIJA from 

my childhood. That stuff was amazing 😉 

@Susie111 

your mum was right, the older generation in this area (ex Yugoslavia) used rakija for a number of illnesses, especially in villages and islands where doctors were hard to find.

My friend told me a funny story when she and 5 friends went on holidays. The second day one of them starts vomiting and got a stomach flue. One of the girls immediately took 5 milliliters of rakija and she continued to do it 2x daily. Everybody laughs at her. A few days later all of them, except the girl with rakija was sick and she was babysitting them for a week 😄 They didn't laugh any more

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Booze is always the answer 🙂

@Sarah327

Really interstng about the cough syrup. That actually makes total sense to me when you think about it. Back in the 'olden days', people used to make hot toddies to counter colds, which were basically hot beverages with a lot of booze in them.

On a more serious note, Echinacea works for me everytime. I don't want to take lots of pharmaceuticals just because I have a sniffle. All they do is dull the symptoms but not fix anything.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Olga464  Perhaps you could start a sideline business designing and marketing Airbnb male and female military-style uniforms for hosts to wear when checking in and interacting with guests. 

@Sarah977 What a great advice! Maybe one day)))))))

You are brilliant! Thanks for giving me something to laugh about!!!

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Olga464  if you really want to reinforce the theme of "no shenanigans under my roof" just frame a large imposing picture, looking over the bed.  Like this one for instance:

Anne-Hegerty-1.jpg