Scheduled Message-No Confirmation

Jonathan6
Level 10
Mamaroneck, NY

Scheduled Message-No Confirmation

I recently set up scheduled messages and they are working great with one exception, I am not getting a confirmation that the e-mail went to the guest.  I do not get a message from the app or an e-mail (they are in the inbox).  My co-host is getting a confirmation from the app (she is on an iPhone).  I can't find anywhere a setting for who should receive a confirmation and how (i.e. e-mail, text or app notice).  Is this a limitation on the Android version of the app?  Has anyone else experienced this or know what may be going on?

Thanks,

14 Replies 14
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jonathan6 @I am getting the conformation. Perhaps double check your messaging settings? So you get a confirmation if you just message yourself?

I get all other messages (reservations, inquiries, etc.), just not getting a confirmation of the scheduled messages.

@Inna22 are you using the Android App or iPhone?

Scott
Administrator
Administrator
SF, CA

Hi @Jonathan6 thanks for sharing this question! When a scheduled message is sent to a guest, there's no proactive notification to you the host. The scheduled message will simply appear in the message thread alongside all the other messages with the guest.

If you want to see the history of all previously sent scheduled messages for a given guest, or the list of upcoming scheduled messages for that guest, click or tap the scheduled messaging icon in the guest's message thread. (It's the icon with the little clock on it, next to the message compose box.)

See the "timeline" and "skip" sections of this help center article for more information: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2897/how-do-i-create-scheduled-messages-and-send-them-to-guests-...

I hope that helps!

I'm sorry, this is just not accurate, my co-host receives a text alert and a copy of the e-mail via e-mail, but I don't. 

@Jonathan6 You need to tag @Scott so he knows you've posted here again. 

@Scott , I think you may have missed some details in the OP, as it states that the cohost is receiving the confirmation notifications, but the host is not (one is using the app on iphone, the other, on android device). Also, @Inna22 has commented saying that she receives a confirmation notification. This doesn't jive with " there's no proactive notification to you the host. The scheduled message will simply appear in the message thread alongside all the other messages with the guest."

Could you please address this for us again?  Thank you.

@Jonathan6 @Colleen253 @Scott @Inna22 

My experience is the same as the OP's. The scheduled messages and their alerts appear the same as any message I write and send manually: I do not get a notice/copy, but my co-host does. Just like when my co-host sends a message to a guest, I get a notice/copy but she does not.

@Scott, @Colleen253 Although I mention the OS version for the App, that should not matter as my co-host gets an e-mail copy as well, that has nothing to do with the app.  Below is the e-mail from ABB to my co-host to her gmail account.  I see nothing in the setup indicating to copy the host or co-host and see nothing in the co-host setup.

SchedMsg-email_cohost.jpg

This is the text notification.

Jonathan6_0-1612465897150.png

Obviously, my co-host is getting these as a copy of anything I send to a guest, this is very helpful, but it would be good for the host to know that the message was sent.  One would think there would be a check-box on the scheduled messages that indicates "send copy to host".

Needing to check the app/web site, just to see if a message was sent by the system is silly.

You're absolutely right. The reason for this is your co-host receives notifications when anyone sends a message, whether that's the guest, you as a fellow co-host, or a schedules message sent on your behalf.

In general, a sender doesn't get notifications for messages they send, and since the scheduled messaging system sends messages "as you", you don't get notified.

Does that ring true for you and explain what is happening today?

Thanks again for pointing this out and your feedback here -- it sounds like you'd like to get notified when schedules messages are sent on your behalf?

@Scott Yes, I would like to get notified of a schedule message having been sent.  Would the work around be for my co-host to set up the scheduled messages and then I would get a copy?

Yes @Jonathan6 that would be a workaround.

@Scott The request would be that in Scheduled Messages to have a check box for each message indicating if a confirmation should be sent and method(s) (i.e. App notice, e-mail, text).

I personally would simply like a notice from the app "Scheduled Message {message title} sent to {guest name}.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Scott  I don't need notifications because I can see in the message center that a message has been sent.  If notifications of sent messages are enabled, please make them optional, because I don't want a notification every time a scheduled message goes out. 🙂

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

perhaps I misunderstood the post. In short, I am getting all the messages I feel I should/need to be copied on