Screening groups and pre-approvals

New-Dawn0
Level 1
New Rochelle, NY

Screening groups and pre-approvals

We have a large historic waterfront property that most viewers fall in love with. We are a non-profit retreat center in a highly exclusive neighborhood and we have to adhere to certain zoning restrictions.  I get many requests from groups that are not appropriate for our venue - high school prom parties, spring break party seekers, and large weddings that we are not zoned for.  I mention this in the property description but people inquire anyway.  They don't read the House Rules either.  

I recently got an email from Airbnb saying that I failed to book the past 10 inquiries and could be penalized, and I should be "pre-approving" them in order to improve my booking rate.

Could someone explain the most optimal way of handling this situation?

I need to make sure that potential guests will be a good fit for our property.

Thanks,

Nancy from the New Dawn Foundation

1 Reply 1
Queenie0
Level 10
United States

Airbnb should have an option when declining that says 'request is in violation of my house rules'. But they don't so you have to work around them. You could send each of these non-conforming requests a pre-approval with a 'special offer' that is $10,000 over the cost of the rental. I know it sounds ridiculous, but your 'Acceptance Rate' would climb. And if someone actualy accepted the special offer, perhaps you could send the neighbors away for the week?!?!