Search Results Displays Incorrect Price

Maibel0
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Search Results Displays Incorrect Price

Hello Airbnb Community, 

I was just updating my pricing and was testing the search results. It looks like the price displayed in the search results is higher than the prices I set. The price on the details page (once you click into my listing) is correct but when it is listed with all the other search results it is not.  How can I resolve this because I think I am losing rentals since it looks like my property is priced significantly higher than comparables. 

Thank you!! 

8 Replies 8
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Maibel0   The search results, if not connected to specific dates, will revert to your "base price" which is a separate function from the calendar related price.  Go to Pricing Settings and unless you have Smart Pricing turned on, you will see Base Price.  Make your change.

Thanks for the response @Linda108, however the base price is set to $275 but then when you search without dates, it shows $385 in the image with search results. Does it average prices from previous months? 

Appreciate the help!

@Maibel0  When I had the same issue happen I sent a message to Air BNB Twitter and found it was a glitch.  Might be the same issue for you.  I did have to deal with incorrect responses for a while until someone confirmed a system glitch.

Chad-and-Char0
Level 8
North Vancouver, Canada

I only have one price for my listing, regardless of day or month.

When I search my area to compare my price to other places nearby, it shows my listing as being 18% higher than it should be.

I have searched dates that I know my place is available.

Scott213
Level 2
New York, United States

Was this ever resolved? I'm experiencing the same problem:

1. I lowered the price on my calendar for a set of dates to $170 from $190.

2. Prices show up correctly in my listing details page and on my calendar.

3. When I search for my listing using the aforementioned dates, my listing is showing as $190/night in search results.

Sue197
Level 2
California, United States

Having the same issue...while browsing my area without dates, guests see my listing as $110 a night (the minimum price I have set). If you enter specific dates, for example September 12-14, guest see the nightly price as $151. If a guest were to actually select my listing they would then see that on September 12-14 it is actually $124 per night (Smart Pricing is ON). I have not received many bookings for the fall as the price hike is showing on the guest browsing function. This is very frustrating. I am not sure why this is suddenly happening. It was not the case this spring and my place booked up for the summer. I have Smart Pricing as activated, and for the fall the prices are a little higher than I have set. I also checked other properties in my area and every property is having the same issue...they are showing up higher in the initial guest browsing pages and if selected, the prices drop $20-$30.  

I contacted AIrbnb about this issue and they "passed it on to the payments team for reveiw."  My response was...

"Sue, I just received a reply from our payments team. Unfortunately, they informed that this was caused due to your listing settings.

For example, you have now sent a base price of $110, but your calendar price always varies, and the search calculated the average for the guest view.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. We are always working to improve our products and policies, and we encourage you to submit your feedback in direct reply to this email. Even when unable to accommodate all requests, Airbnb truly values user feedback. I’ll be sure to pass your thoughts on to the right team!"  

In my experience an "average" is typically in the middle or a number somewhere between the lowest and the highest... the lowest price I get for my place is $110 and the highest rate is $148.  Not sure how prices like $151, $178, $162 which are all prices I have seen my place listed as on the guest browsing page of AIrbnb latetly are "averages" for my listing.    

I have the same problem. I have tried everything including implementing the tips that were given in the communities pages. It does not work! My property is displaying at £151/per night. Over £40 per night for my area. I hardly get any bookings and I am sure it is because of this overpricing of my property. There MUST be a away to fix this.  Anyone....Please HELP. I'm desperate.

@Lorraine-Forex0 you can turn smart pricing off and set up the prices to your preference so that there is no variation in price.