Season x Out of the season bookings

Bruno31
Level 2
Marbella, Spain

Season x Out of the season bookings

Ive been hosting for 1,5 month and its everything going alright. I have good reviews, i always reply my guests in less than 5 minutes, aitbnb pro pics have been uploaded and my price is competitive.

For the past 1.5 month ive been receiving somewhat late requests. Which is understandable, since i had less (if none) reviews and pics. And occasional requests for July.

My mid June and late June bookings were made somewhate in advance, and i can see that my area is getting almost fully booked for July.

Do people book for summer way too in advance and i couldnt catch up with that, since i had no pics and reviews by the time everyone is booking ?

Or for some other reason ive been not getting requests for July ?!

5 Replies 5
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

London here = 90% of our bookings are 4-6 weeks in advance...and then they come in waves of bookings rather than a stead flow. Who knows how people think and act...

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

AirBNB Makes it difficult to for many guests due to collecting 100pct up front. I find most of my advance booking (>3 months) from other platforms and then filled in with AirBNB.

I personally think Airbnb either need to start allowing deposits with final payments consistent with booking terms. I.e. Flexible charged day before strict 30 days etc.

On other platforms I require 25pct deposit with balance due 30 days prior. I tecnically can keep the deposit or any money paid but have never done so as I will in practice refund if I can rebook the dates.

Andrew
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Bruno31
Level 2
Marbella, Spain

My listing is new, tho. So im not sure if people booked for summer before i even had pics. What would be the strategy now, regarding to pricing ?!

Bookings with reviews and star ratings are the automatic choice for most people. Suggest you look at your pricing and have it a bit lower than competitors in your area so that you get a few people staying and good reviews coming in.

my reviews and stars are pretty good.. my location is the best possible in my city.. and my price is pretty competitive (i log in everyday to check dates and update better prices than my competition)

im not sure if my pics are good.. they are airbnb professional pics.. but everyone that gets in the apartment is very impressed of how much better it is.. so maybe the pics cant translate de quality of the place..

im not sure.. im new to this 🙂