Seasonal Pricing Deleted and got instant booked. How can I cancel?

Seasonal Pricing Deleted and got instant booked. How can I cancel?

Hello everyone,
Our family is new to Airbnb.

We have two properties listed and since we are located in a summer vacation destination, I set up seasonal pricing for 2 years in advance as I saw that more fitting.

I just got an instant booking 1 hour ago, and we exchanged a few words.
Their booking price is super low (it should be a +120% markup for the period) and when I checked booking details Airbnb used the base price for all their night, and upon checking my calendar, all seasonal pricing rules have been deleted starting from 6 Oct (that's why they could book at such a low price) despite I set up everything well and it has been working previously.

Now, what are my options if I would like to get the fair price (difference of ~€2,500) and not be penalized for a mistake/bug on Airbnb's part deleting my pricing rules?
I know this sucks for guests, it also sucks for us hosts, and I believe both parties would like to trust the Airbnb platform, so I wonder how Airbnb would like to make this right and not penalize me for their mistake.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

whydrop2.png

1 Reply 1
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Artúr0 You have leeway to cancel an instant booking, without penalty, up to 3 per year I believe. You may want to turn IB off, and look closely at booking requests before accepting, to retain more control over your calendar.

The platform is subject to many bugs and glitches. There seem to be an even greater number since the last major update. There have been many posts lately from other hosts complaining of pricing weirdness. 

I’ve had my check in time reset to flexible several times, which was proven to be a bug tied to making changes to ‘ booking settings.’ I’ve also had my IB requirement settings spontaneously deleted. That’s just to name two. I have a habit now of checking my settings and pricing etc. in detail daily.