Seasonal Pricing

Answered!
Michael39
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Seasonal Pricing

Hi,

Twice now I have had an issue where a guest books for popular date a full 12 months in advance - this is great however the dates they are booking for are ones which would usually attract a premium.  For example New Years Eve, which is a big event in Edinburgh.  

Is there any way to set the price for more than a year in advance?  This has cost me hundreds already...

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Jill211
Level 2
Jefferson City, MO

I am able to change the pricing on my calendar to adjust pricing for different times during the year.  Clicked View Calendar, selected dates, set price for those dates and hit save.  (If you select dates that already have a booking it will not let you set price.  You have to select available days only to set pricing)

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Michael39,

Setting Custom Weekly and Monthly Rates:

You can setup custom rates for specific weeks and months.  If you look at the image below, you can select "week" or "month" for custom rates which would be the price and not the percentage (under the red box).  When you select one of these links, the screens pop up where you can enter your custom prices.

discount.png

Custom Weekly Screen

custom weekly.png

Custom Monthly Rates

custom monthly.png

I hope this helps.

Cheers

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

HI Dave,

I think you have mis-understood the question, apologies if I was not clear.  The bookings in question are for 3-4 days and therefore the long term pricing is not relevant.

My issue is that people make bookings 364 (or there abouts) days in advance, since I can only update the pricing 365 days in advance I have not had a chance to update the pricing yet. 

I could update my pricing for the following year 365 days in advance but this seems like an unneccesary overhead on my time.  Am I missing somthing or is this a major lack of functionality with the system?  

As I say this has resulted in my losing out on hundreds of of pounds on 2 occasions.

Regards

Michael

You can set it up so that you only receive bookings for a certain period in advance - we choose 6 months and then go to specific dates (eg Easter weekend) and increase the price on the calendar for those dates

Still trying to get the seasonal pricing straight.  My beach condo is listed on VRBO and has lots of variance in prices over the course of the year.  The per night charge changes according to the season as do the weekly and monthly rates.  I would like to make the rates the same in airbnb.

I see the option for changing the "weekly" and "monthly" rates, but not entirely sure what that implies for the nightly rate.  I often rent for short durations of less than a week and thus would need the nightly rate to change from roughly $120/night to $270/night over the course of the year.  If I have a "base rate" of $150, but set a weekly rate of $1,400, would this imply that the nightly rate for the week is now $200 (ignoring any discount for a week long stay)?  

I see the suggestion to allow only 6 months of books and adjust the base rent accordingly.  I have guests that want to book more than a year in advance and most guests are booking 4-7 months in advance.

sorry can you advise specifically how you did that? I am trying to edit and myscreen does not look lkke the examples above and I don't know how to adjust for those?

Thanks

Cat

I have set up custom weekly rates for our fall foliage season, but those rates do not apply to daily rates.  How does one set higher daily rates months in advance without upping everything?

Are there different levels of Airbnb. I'm just trying to set it up now, but I seem to have a more basic version than the one in the pictures. I want to set up seasonal pricing but my version doesn't seem to have it. 

Mary324
Level 1
St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands

I'm having the same issue. I think it is because I have not published the listing yet. Once you hit publish, you should be able to access the part of the site where you can set specific long term and seasonal pricing.

um I've published mine and still cant adjust the seasonal rate to reflect $200 Weekdays in march and $500 weekdays in July.... it seems like a big problem in the system, in VRBO or FlipKey this is not a problem.

@Accopacatty0

See the bottom of the first screenshot - there is something in rather small print on weekly and monthly custom pricing, you click on those highlighted in red.

You can also set prices directly in the calendar.  

I use both airbnb and HomeAway (VRBO) and I manage fine to do the correct pricing in both.

Frances52
Level 5
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom

I'm adding my bit in case anyone, like me, is also having difficulties. I'm based in UK. The airbnb.co.uk screenshots to alter seasonal pricing DOES NOT LOOK LIKE the one in this thread shared helpfully by the user in Canada. And it is a right royal pain, but you have to get to Calendar tab from Listing. Then click on the calendar for the time periods you want to adjust from base price, and enter the price and click 'save.'

I already use homeaway but wanted to add my listing on other sites. So I had to sync my calendars first before I hit 'list' as I did not want to have problems with cancelling bookings. This presented me with a new problem as I have varied seasonal rates throughout the year. Any dates that have already been reserved -- I found I could not simply click the range of dates which overlap with dates that have already been booked! Argh! I had to painstakingly bookend each already reserved set of dates and manually change prices. What a pain. I hope this makes sense to others who may be encountering similar difficulties. Good luck!

Irene335
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Thank you for this Frances - really helpful as I was struggling with this too.
Much appreciated - Pippa

I find that Airbnb should be more simplied. Talking for me personally. Some things I find them really difficult. This pricing it's a great loss of money. Our high season is summer time. So that's the peak.  So if the price is usually say 25 euros per room for summer it will be much higher. Help us out pls. 

Michael2203
Level 2
Edinburgh, GB

I totally agree, I want to list two properties but Airbnb don’t seem to understand the local market enough