Seasonal Pricing

Answered!
Michael39
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Seasonal Pricing

Hi,

Twice now I have had an issue where a guest books for popular date a full 12 months in advance - this is great however the dates they are booking for are ones which would usually attract a premium.  For example New Years Eve, which is a big event in Edinburgh.  

Is there any way to set the price for more than a year in advance?  This has cost me hundreds already...

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Jill211
Level 2
Jefferson City, MO

I am able to change the pricing on my calendar to adjust pricing for different times during the year.  Clicked View Calendar, selected dates, set price for those dates and hit save.  (If you select dates that already have a booking it will not let you set price.  You have to select available days only to set pricing)

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21

One thing you can do is only allow guests to book your room 3 or 6 months ahead. 

Alison-And-Steve1
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

So if you go to your listing in the upper right corner is a view calendar button.

Hit that and you can select specific days or groups of days to change the price.

This Works, Everybody.

Carmen305
Level 2
Paola, Malta

I have exectly the same problem. Am from Malta. Summer time is high season here so I expect that what I charge for June July and August is different what I charged for February November and so forth. 

Jill211
Level 2
Jefferson City, MO

I am able to change the pricing on my calendar to adjust pricing for different times during the year.  Clicked View Calendar, selected dates, set price for those dates and hit save.  (If you select dates that already have a booking it will not let you set price.  You have to select available days only to set pricing)

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Michael39We used to keep the calendar open that far in advance (or as far as we could) and then the pandemic happened. We had such a cluster with a lot of guests cancelling but some still coming, some wanting to change dates for somewhere in the far future, etc. Our own travel plans and hosting availability changed a lot as well.

So now we only open 6 months in advance. We can also raise our prices more often and are not committed for a future date at an old low price. Just a thought-- you might be better served by not opening dates so far in the future 🙂

Michael39
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Changing how far in advance you accept bookings doesn't solve the issue. It just moves it.

I have found a working compromise though. I now set my base rate really high. That way I don't lose out. I suspect that I lose out on bookings as my listing will appear very expensive when dates are not entered.

Overall, I'd say this is a core piece of functionality that is missing. Which is ridiculous given how much money they make from us all.