Seasonal and Holiday pricing

Eddie-and-Kim0
Level 1
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Seasonal and Holiday pricing

Hello, 

We're new to airbnb and hosting and wondering if hosts tend to increase their prices over Christmas and Bank Holidays etc and if so, by how much?

Thanks!

Kim 

5 Replies 5

@Eddie-and-Kim0

I think it would really depend on the host. Some raise prices in high season, some don't.

Personally, I raise my prices during July~August and Jan~Feb because of costs for the AC and heating.

My location doen't really have a "high season" but if it did I would probably be inclined to charge a little bit more than usual. Maybe around 10~20% more than the normal rate and also provide a special welcome gift as well (like a bottle of wine or a six-pack - something not normally provided/offered).

I've hiked up my rates for the upcoming Christmas & New Year's holidays mainly because I hope I DON'T have to host during that time, but I don't want to block the dates. If it just so happens Henry and I get a guest willing to pay a premium price to stay with us for those dates then we'd take comfort in the fact we are being paid very well to "work" during the holidays 🙂 but this is just me..... and as you will find out each host is different.

Thank you, that's really helpful!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You need to connect with any tourism information in your area, @Eddie-and-Kim0.  Tourism is seasonal while those locations that have universities or business and guests coming for that are not seasonal.  In my case, there are two major reasons travelers come here:  the weather is fabulous when every other place is cold and dreary and there are huge events, music festivals and sports tournaments, that bring people here.  For some events, my rate is tripled.  For seasonal use, my rate can go up by 50%.  Of course I live in a desert so, there are 5 or 6 months in which no one comes 😛   

Eddie-and-Kim0
Level 1
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Thank you!