Seems like my listing is not getting enough visitors

Ofer8
Level 1
Tel Aviv, Israel

Seems like my listing is not getting enough visitors

I listed my appartment for May and not getting any interest (Messages etc..). 
Would you be able to look at my listing and tell me how I could improve it ? 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/31921452?preview_for_ml=true&guests=1&adults=1

Thanks 

4 Replies 4
Kim610
Level 2
Gilbert, AZ

As I do not live in Tel Aviv, I do not know the pricing market as well as you would. However, I have visited and stayed there before. It was for work and I stayed at a very high end hotel for about half the price of what you are listed at. I thinking perhaps it could be your pricing is the lack of inquiry. My other thought would be to see how you can add sleeping arrangements for a couple more people. As you can sleep 4, a hotel room can also often sleep 4.  If you are able to sleep a couple more people, it would set you apart from the hotel market and give you an edge to that competition.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ofer8 It seems very expensive to me, as well. What I'd suggest you do is list a base price for 1-2 guests that is significantly less than what you have now, and an extra guest fee for each person up to your maximum of 4.

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Yeah your price is out of whack @Ofer8 - I suggest taking a hard look at your key competition and try to understand their pricing strategy. The base rate, extra guest fees, cleaning fees...etc... all need to be carefully managed to match your market.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Wow @Ofer8, that is a pretty basic-looking apartment at luxury hotel prices! I'm assuming you've jacked up your prices for the Eurovision contest (May 14-18)? Is that right? But when I looked at your calendar, you also have all of April and the first 2 weeks of May available as well. You have also stated that you normally live there and are only renting it out for Eurovision, so are you expecting people to also share the apartment with you in April/May outside the Eurovision contest at those prices? Sorry, I don't get it.