Selling my Airbnb property

Selling my Airbnb property

Hi,

I have recently sold my holiday home to someone who has purchased as a going concern and will honour all future bookings through Airbnb, direct and through other booking agencies.

My question is, how can I best transfer my Airbnb account to the new owner? Can I change all my details to theirs? Can they create new account and listing and somehow transfer the reviews and bookings?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I'm sure I can't be the first person to sold a property with bookings in place.

Pete 

45 Replies 45

Hello dear,

I’m in the same situation. 

Did you find the solution for your questions?

Kind regards

That's true if multiple properties under 1 account.

Hi! I wonder if you have found a solution for this?

you're forgetting the most important thing....TAXES. YOUR tax id will be sent the 1099.

True, when updating the bank account info change the tax info as well. I would disolve the LLC if I sold so it wouldn't really affect me either way.

Thank you!

Jeff-Shaunee0
Level 1
Western Australia, Australia

Please advise on how to delist my property as I am in negotiations for the sale of our holiday home? my email add *sensitive information hidden*

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Jeff-Shaunee0

Go to your listing and click on "Listing Status"

Untitled4.jpg

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

What about co host some thing to think about for the mean time then work out the details, now work out the transferring account either way it works out

Brian686
Level 4
Morayfield, Australia

We purchased a property in similar circumstances a couple of years ago. The easiest approach was to open a new account under our name and the previous owners closed their account after the existing bookings had stayed. They simply blocked all future dates from when the contract went unconditional. The future bookings were accounted for at settlement in the settlement process. 

Daniel1618
Level 2
Tigard, OR

My partner Anne and I are going to place our Airbnb in the Portland metro area in Oregon up for sale. Do you know where to go to do that on this website by chance? Thank you to anyone else who can offer for any assistance in posting our B&B for sale. 

Sincerely,

~Daniel~

I have two homes. The first home is a dedicated AirBNB homes with bookings a few months in advance. Our 2nd home is our residence with part of the house as an AirBNB.

We want to sell the first home dedicated as an AirBNB. What penalty will I get by shutting down the business at the first home. I know we will loose Super Host Staus for the future reservations, but is there any other penalty?

Marc674
Level 2
Irvine, CA

Hi,

Did you sell your house as an investment property? We just got Airbnb Plus and I am thinking of selling if there is extra value. I appreciate any help!

Hi 

thank you for sharing your situation 

Get an accountant to do valuation on the airbnb plus or superhost.

Starting a new account means new owner doesn't get the value of a reputable airbnb with hundreds of reviews, systems and controls in place.

Like buying a business, you buy into the reputation, familiarity, systems and procedures in place, so the owner save time and can inherit the business and enjoy the cashflow and hardwork of the first operator