Send an offer after confirmation

Send an offer after confirmation

One of my guest requested me a discount on her stay, I sent her a offer by message.

She now had booked her stay but it seems I can't change the total fee, as it is alreday a reservation.

Is there a way for me to send her an offer once the reservation is done for the guest.

Thank you and regards

3 Replies 3
Shirley1
Level 5
Somerset, WI

I've had a similar situation. Confirmed booking because the guest sent a reservation request that I accepted and after the fact wanted to add a cleaning fee. I was able to access the invoice and edit the amount and it was resubmitted. My problem was the guest said she couldn't find an updated invoice or else she was concerned about being double-charged and was ignoring the updated invoice. I wound up cancelling the edited invoice and handling the cleaning fee upon arrival. 

If you look at their reservation, you should see a link to change dates, price. IMO it's a very clunky way to update an invoice and am always relieved when I don't have to mess with an additional fee. (I charge cleaning for larger groups and it has to be added on .. same with a fee for a dog staying with their owners). 

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi Lola,

Yes there is a way!

Click on your messages and find the person you offered the price to.

You then need to click on "Change/Cancel".

Then choose "Change Reservation"

You can then change the price in the appropriate box.

The guest will then get a chance to confirm the changes.  If they confirm the changes, the booking will take on the new changes.

I hope this helps

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi Lola,

You can get the price changed.

First click on "Messages" and find the guest that booked.

Next click on "Change or Cancel"

change.png

You will then choose "Change Reservation"

change res.png

You can then change the price the the amount you agree upon.

price.png

Your guest will then be asked if they accept the requested change and if they do, that will be the new price.

I hope this helps and answers your question.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host