Sending Attachments to Guests

Sending Attachments to Guests

What is the best way to send things like maps and images to confirmed guests?  If I send them an email using the obscured email address provided by airbnb, will an attachment survive?

I want to send my guests a small map showing the entry door and various parking arrangements.  This is not something I would want to post among the publicly viewable photos, for security reasons.

17 Replies 17

@Christopher187

I use my laptop for MOST hosting stuff on abb but for short quick messages I use the app, especially if I'm at work. I have pics and image files (mostly jpeg) on my phone that I send to all guests about a week or so before their check in date and I also send more or less the same stuff in a pdf format by email too.

I send thru different channels, different files and formats so they can choose according to their preference and I find it's just easier for me to send both the message and email and worry about whether they got it or not. 

Oh! And I always remind guests to download the image files which have all the necessary instructions included as text on the pic itself on their phones so they have access tto everything they need to find my home without wifi or to print a copy of the pdf. 

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi All,

We have a pretty big manual (in PDF) with all sort of details on our accommodation and other stuff that might be of interest to our guests.

So we use: Dropbox to store this document.

Upon reservation, we always send a more or less standard message through the Airbnb message thread. With all the information we require from our guests + additional instructions (basically the omissions in Airbnb, such as anticipated arrival time, our common check-in procedure – including telephone numbers, etc).

Part of this message is also the Dropbox link to the aforementioned document and instructions on how to easily download the document from Dropbox.

Which works like a charm!

We have never been able to send or to receive attachments through the usage of either:

• The Airbnb message thread (obviously you can send images through the message thread – only from the App. But I never tried to send any document through the message thread from the App. So I don’t know whether this will work).
  • By reply mail via a ‘temporary’ generated Airbnb Mail Address.
    Please note that there seems to be 2 types of ‘temporary’ generated Airbnb Mail Addresses:

So in that case, the only option left, is to ask the guest for their ‘real’ mail address.

Most people don’t bother to give their ‘real’ mail address. But sometimes they do not understand or are even aware of the differences in these mail addresses.

According to this help article by Airbnb, you can send attachments (Up to 15 MB): https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/694/how-will-my-email-address-look-to-other-people

But we never got it to work.

So if anybody has helpful tips, please let us know.

Best regards,

Cor.

Hans233
Level 1
Midland, Canada

I too cannot send attachments via AirBnB system on an enquiry .. only after the guest has confirmed their reservation can I send a JPG or a PDF map.   All other times, the attachment is blocked, and all phone numbers and Email addresses you put in the reply are filtered and suppressed.

I now ask that the guest sends me a message via FB messenger, which works most of the time.