Sending directions to my guests

Answered!
Alpha-Holiday-Cottage0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Sending directions to my guests

Hi,

At the moment, when a booking is confirmed, I email the guest a MS word document containing direction to the property details. 

Is there an automated way of doing this once a booking is confirmed ?

E.g. Can I add the MS word document to the system, or is there an alternative method of sending directions?

Thanks for your time 

L

1 Best Answer
Shadley0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi @Alpha-Holiday-Cottage0

You can put it in your house manual, guests only see this once the booking is confirmed.

View Best Answer in original post

23 Replies 23

how do I add directions so guests can find us easily?

on the emails I receive from my guest through airbnb, there is no facility for attaching anything to my reply - or have I missed something?

Liz32
Level 2
Vallecito, CA

I am equally frustrated with guests NOT reading specific guidance on directions.  GPS sends our guests to the wrong road and then they knock on neighbors home for help...even 11 to 12 at night!  I have put details in the listing and I also email them with details and they STILL go to the wrong road.  I have tested my directions with friends and they verified they get you to the correct place.  I spent $250 now on signs on the other side of my property fence to tell them to turn around and turn here, there....Same issues with parking on the property.  They block drive throughs so I now have signs there.  

There is no option that I can find to remove my street address so I can say, "Near xxxx street and xxx."  

If anyone has other ideas, please let me know!

Thanks,

Liz G.

It can be one of other ideas for the problem. Visual info is an effective way to find places.

http://www.alleys.co/alleysguide/index_en.html

Sara697
Level 2
Totnes, United Kingdom

People tend to rely on GPS with their brains in neutral and in both my houses this does not send them to the right property. When I reply with directions, I write in capitals (!) ....WHEN YOU REACH THE TOWN, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS, THE GPS WILL NOT (underlined and in bold) TAKE YOU TO THE RIGHT PARKING SPOT.

This has helped in 99% but you always get the ones who know better and are in love with their GPS.

Good Luck

Sara

Susan605
Level 2
New York, NY

Once they've booked, I request the guests' personal email in order to send all check-in/directions docs in pdf format to that address. This leaves no chance of security breach thru AIrbnb. 

Megan974
Level 2
Sunderland, VT

Similar question- when I create a guest manual - can booked guests access or do I need to share/send?

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

old thread alert!
I'm so glad to see there have been some great improvements in the check-in system since 2016. 

@Megan974  you can add in some info into your listing details, but a whole guest manual? no. 
I have a large manual, with pictures and icons and big print, and it keeps expanding as I respond to guest questions and small things that I hadn't considered as the owner but guests often have trouble with. I could probably send that to guests prior to arrival but honestly, it feels a bit too much to do this, like i'm sending out some required reading in readiness for an exam! haha. I offer it to guests as a sendable pdf. 

thank you so much for the post, it really is helpful to think about it this way...I am going to scale back my manual info on line.

thanks again