Sent message disappeared

Sent message disappeared

Hey folks,
I've received a booking request from a guest together with his greeting message. As always, I clicked on the red, ACCEPT button, and a new window popped up with the possibility to write a message together with the confirmation. I wrote my reply there, to the guest's greeting message, but now when i enter my inbox, i can't see the message i've sent to him, just the guest's first message. The problem is i don't know if he received my message or not. Hope you understand what i wanted to say.
Did anyone had similar problem? Did he, or did he not received my message? What should i do?
P.S. There were no contact information that i sent to him, nor that he sent to me, such as mobile phone numbers or e-mails, so i'm sure that AIRBNB didn't erase the message due to violation of terms and conditions.
THANKS!

12 Replies 12
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The AibBnB site has many bugs unfortunately - from messages that never arrive or disappear, through to dates blocking and unblocking themselves automatically, You may be alble to contact AirBnB to see what has happened, but better to do so via Twitter as you are unlikely to get a respone through any other channel. It' an unfortunate series of glitches in their system that they don't seem to be able to sort out.

Huh...shame. Thanks for the answer anyway 🙂

Conversation disappeared for me today.
I first declined a request, then the person talked me into it, I sent a special offer, they said thank you and now the whole thread is gone and they did not accept.
I attempted to reply to the last email notification to restart the thread, but no luck.
Barbara62
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

This has now happened to me three times and my instructions to my guests on how to reach my property have nbeen 'lost'.  The messages were not delivered to the guest, and nor were they kept in the thread.  They simply vanished losing my proof that I had sent them.  This has been very embarrassing for me and my guests as it is a little tricky getting to my property - I have 2 entrances!

The first time I thought I must have accidentally missed out pushing the 'send' button; the second and third time I was specially careful.

I even use a computer and don't use the phone to be sure I am doing things right.

Other than this conversation there appears no technical comment from Airbnb.  

John409
Level 1
Queenstown, New Zealand

I'm a first time host on Airbnb and this issue is happening to me right now with my very first request to book! The guest just asked what the weather was like and I sent a link to a very detailed local blogsite that summarises every month of recent years in high detail. I didn't send them any contact details or break any policies of airbnb. I tried to reply to the text message on my phone but got an error message in responce. Very confused how to resolve this...

I have been nothing but frustrated.  Ever since corny virus,  I can't seem to get into my message thread

with Airbnb.   I think I will have to find another vendor company.

It use to work with Airbnb inbox.

Major snafoooooo!

Christiana9
Level 1
Watertown, MA

I just tried to reply to my host to ask a question after confirming our trip and my message disappeared too...so I don't know if they will receive it or not... Very frustrating.

Kimberly114
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

Same thing happened to me ... TWICE!  Resulted in being declined for my first Airbnb trip, the host gave up on me after no response I guess.

We actually have no idea WHY they declined us ... because NONE OF MY MESSAGES ARE SHOWING UP AS SENT!

Bummer.  Going to back to hotel rooms.  Spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for a room, creating my profile ... for nothing.  I can't waste any more time on this.  

VERY DISAPPOINTED.  I mean come on, how hard is it to get a messaging system that works?

HH2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Oct 2018.   This bug still not fixed!!

TWO YEARS!!!  2016 - 2018    After spending a lot of money on  AirBnB's fees over the past years, I  expect to be respected.    Good bye Air BnB.  Moving on.

May I ask what platform are you using now?

Thanks

I'M with you!!!!!

ALL TOGETHER NOW!

Stavros35
Level 2
Karpathos, GR

Stavros Stavrianos 7:51 μ.μ. (πριν από 8 λεπτά)

I try many times to do some changes but   there is always a problem.

You have send me a message to to make changes but i cant save then