Sent refund to guest through airbnb system but it never processed. It has been months and still no resolution.

Sent refund to guest through airbnb system but it never processed. It has been months and still no resolution.

So way back in July I sent a refund to a guest as their was some construction near the home during their stay.  It was an agreed upon amount and I thought everything was fine until I see that the negative funds were still showing in my pending transactions and the guest had reached out to me asking where the refund was.  I reached out to Airbnb and opened a ticket.  After a couple weeks they said it was a bug in the system and that they are working on it.  It has been months and still no resolution.  All I get from following up with Airbnb CS is that the team is still working on it.  Every so often they try and close the ticket but I keep it open. 

I would try and redo the refund but I am worried that it will hit me twice if and when they try and fix it.  Just wanted to see if anyone else has ever ran into this kind of issue and what you did to resolve it.  Thankfully my guest has been great about the whole thing but we are both growing more and more impatient.  Thanks in advanced to any replies about this.

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jerry-And-Natasha0 

Do not issue a second refund, just let Airbnb work on the excisting refund.

Maybe the guest can also contact Airbnb "when will you process my refund" ?

Put some pressure on Airbnb CS, otherwise nothing will happen.

Next time use the "change" option in a reservation (if reservation has not finished yet) to amend the price for a stay, as then the Guest Service Fee will also be recalculated and the resolution centre is not used when refunding this way.