September 2017 Community Highlights

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

September 2017 Community Highlights

Hello everyone,

Before I head off for a few weeks, I just wanted to share with you the Community Center highlights from last month. 

Highlights Sept 17

A huge thank you to the top 20 contributors this month:

@Marzena4@Linda108@David126@Alice-and-Jeff0@Marit-Anne0@Ben205@Fred13@Steve143@Branka-and-Silvia0@Kimberly54@Jessica-and-Henry0@Clare0@Helen3@Jeff158@Lawrene0@Willow3@Farah1@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0@Gerry-And-Rashid0@Steve2743

I would like to share a few of my highlights from September:

I also feel like September was the month of the coffee here in the CC as there were some super threads on coffee, in particular by Branka 'Foolproof safe coffee maker?', @Trapper0's discussion on Coffee options does anyone charge for coffee? and also this handy Great small space saving coffee station tip shared by @Annette76

Thank you to everyone who has been highlighting things to me in the Community and also to those of you who have been our eye and ears for spotting new features or difficulties you are experiencing with the Airbnb site. It is always great to have a discussion around this, hear your feedback and together come up with great ideas.

Lastly, I created a topic asking you if you host guests during the holiday season? There are some great responses already, but please do continue to add your experiences there. 🙂

Now we are in October, I look forward to reading and getting involved in many more fantastic conversations. 

Thank so much your amazing contribution and please do share any highlights or discussions you enjoyed from September here.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

3 Replies 3
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Lizzie I am very glad to see that i am in the top 20 🙂 

Kat17
Level 10
Boston, MA

Thanks for these highlights. I’m glad I read them! Very helpful. And thanks for what you’re doing for the host community, @Lizzie. I’m just starting to get involved and finding lots of good information and support here.

Marlene18
Level 2
Siquirres, Costa Rica

Thank you Lizzie, enjoyed reading the Q+A.

We offer a personalized service depending on the guests arriving. I made a pasta salad, and glass of wine to toast my recent newly weds upon their arrival. I find that a lite supper is most welcome for guests that have been traveling for hours from overseas, or a slice of homemade cake to fill their empty tummy.

Always fresh fruits from our garden to snack on. It has to be customized for each guest. The more I know about them, the better I can plan a warm welcome.

We are so enjoying meeting people from all over the world.

Marlene, from Casacaramar ( Costa Rica )