Serious Decline in AirBnB Support

Patrick568
Level 10
California, United States

Serious Decline in AirBnB Support

Clearly the COVID pandemic causing AirBNB to get rid of excess staff has reverberated throughout the company.

I'm on some AirBNB Professional host pages and over and over I read the same issues. Guests breaking rules, issues with the platform, out of control parties etc. Every time support is contacted they are either not answered, they are answered by support that has been sent out of the country and the conversation has been difficult. Support never gets back, or in a case I just read today, guests had excessive people, threw a party, trashed the house and it took support 13 days to get back to the host!! 

AirBNB needs to pull it together. Support needs to be more available. They need to have people who are responsive within an hour at most in an emergency. 13 days later is not acceptable. I personally had an issue in the last week where a guest snuck in a dog, and broke other rules. I contacted support and have never gotten a response. That was 5 days ago. 

AirBNB fix this. Hosts need access to support. And not support from the Philippines. Support needs to be able to communicate and understand issues and be able to assist in a timely manner.

2 Replies 2
Randy-And-Michele0
Level 2
Thousand Oaks, CA

It took "support" 30 days to decline a request for extra cleaning after our house was trashed. I sent pics and an invoice and was declined because my cleaners didn't specify how many hours and what cleaning supplies they used. Totally unexceptable

Patricia2861
Level 2
Southold, NY

agreed.  suddenly long delay in getting payout and no response from "help"