Service Animal owner responsibilities

Russel302
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Service Animal owner responsibilities

Hi,

I can find Airbnb's policies for hosts on guests with service animals (SAs), but where can I find what their policies are for those guests with SAs?  Are they supposed to clean up after the SAs?  Can I charge if the SA causes damage?  It seems (as usual) that Airbnb's on the guests side more so than the hosts....

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Russel302 yes guests are supposed to clear up after service animals and yes you can charge if they cause damage. For what it is worth Aircover also covers damage from service animals but its payout is very limited 

Patricia1375
Level 4
Nederland, CO

I have a service dog.  He is literally my full time partner.  I ALWAYS pick up after my dog.  He doesn't even go to the bathroom without checking with me first to see if the timing works with my needs.  Active service dogs are not destructive.  They are better behaved than well behaved toddlers.  Unless I remove his jacket, he is always on duty.  They have papers usually tucked away into their vest though people do not ask to see my assistants papers.  For the record, the only time I leave without him is if I am working outside in 100+ temperatures in the south for long periods of time.