Services provided to Airbnb Hosts for Their Guests

Paola811
Level 1
Whittier, CA

Services provided to Airbnb Hosts for Their Guests

Hello everyone,

I currently go to USC and am enrolled in an Entrepreneruship and Innovation Masters program. I wanted to reach out to the Airbnb community to receive feedback on a potential idea I have. My idea is not strictly realted to Airbnb, but I do believe Airbnb could benefit.

Essentially I have a list of in-home services that would be offered to the paying customers. The service would be set-up prior to the customer checking-in and removed after the customer checks-out. This service would cost nothing to the host. The price for the service would be included in the advertised room rate. This would benefit the customers by providing them with services they want and it would benefit the hosts because it would increase their average occupancy rate.

I have done customer discovery and identified customer segments that would be interested in utilizing the services in question.

My question is, is this something that is feasible and do hosts care to offer these services as benefits to their customers?

Please let me know what you think, I am open to all opinions and criticisms! 

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Paola811    Well, since you fail to disclose what these services might consist of, I'm not sure how you think hosts could tell you if they would care to offer them.

@Sarah977 wrote:

@Paola811    Well, since you fail to disclose what these services might consist of, I'm not sure how you think hosts could tell you if they would care to offer them.

I should have made myself more clear. I'm less concered with validating the actual services and more concered with knowing if offering services to Airbnb hosts is even possible. 

For example, if I offered these services, how would hosts even find out about them? 

@Paola811

In-home services to paying customers...... like room service (food delivery)? laundry? electronics rental services? babysitting? in-home massages? Like @Sarah977 says it would really depend on the type of service you are talking about. Whether offering any sort of service helps hosts increase revenue? Or would it actually create more work and complications? And depending on the type of service, what about the legal implications and insurance?  

I think there is much more to consider than how hosts would even find out about these services.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Paola811, you are being a little evasive here - could you please explain what in-home services you wish to offer?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kath9   She's afraid someone will rush in to steal her idea 🙂

Cheryle3
Level 2
New Braunfels, TX

or what she's offering involves college coeds and is illegal! LMAO!

JoAnn36
Level 2
Austin, TX

What examples of specific services would you offer.  Have you offered these services before?