Setting Changes for Bookings

Stephen29
Level 1
Narrawallee, Australia

Setting Changes for Bookings

Twice now AirBnB has allowed people to book immediately (within a minute of their enquiry) where as I have TWICE set my bookings for needing confirmation. 

This has caused me to accept one booking (fortunately it was available, however I didn't want a short term booking for the Easter weekend) and I have just cancelled one booking as an earlier request had come in.

I have to consider removing my place from this site if there are these types of glitches, particularly when threatened with penalties!!!

Is anyone else havig this problem?

Steve

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Stephen29,

Only you can accept a booking reservation when someone requests unless you have Instant Book set which you do not.  Hosts do receive penalties when they cancel on a guest and as you can see by your reviews, you have cancelled twice on guests.  Also, you calendar gets blocked for the dates that you cancelled so now you will be unable to book anything over the Easter weekend.

Do you know the difference between an "inquiry" and a "request" @Stephen29?

Here are the other penalties that hosts incur when they cancel on a guest: 

How do host cancellation penalties work    Airbnb Help Centre.png

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks guys but apparently I am not the only one that has had this issue.

In regard to your question, unless I am missing something out of the ordinary, an inquiry is where a potential guest is seeking information or confirming detail with the property whereas a request is someone wanting to actually book the property. Happy to be corrected.

That aside, I believe my settings require (allow) me to actually respond/confirm any inquiry or booking. I have always responded within the timeline so don't understand the 80% response rating.

I am very unhappy with the whole methodology at the moment and changes, not by me, to my bookings setup is less than satisfactory. That and the fact that I can't seem to just simply write a direct email but instead am guided through some poor 'auto' options is something that must work against this site!

Thanks for your feedback guys and if I've got anything wrong, happy to receive correct advice.

Steve

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Stephen29

There has been more than one report on the forum regarding this issue.  You would need to contact airbnb for help as this seems to be a system glitch, and a severe one at that.  At least should try to have your automatic reviews removed and penalties waived.  

Thank you very much for your feedback Marit. Glad to know (well not really) that I am not the only one that has had this issue. Your point about automatic reviews is also interesting. Couldn't work out why I had that rating when I always respond within the given timeline and that the only cancellations I had to make were because they changed my settings and I was 'forced' to make the changes.

I will most certainly get in touch with this organisation and insist on them resetting my rating.

Thank you very much for your advised feedback.

Regards

Steve

Lisa2124
Level 1
Västra Götalands län, Sweden

This has happend to me twice and they changed to dirwct booking. Unacceptable!