Setting Minimum and Maximum Night Stay: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Setting Minimum and Maximum Night Stay: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Updated June 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

------------------------------------------------------------

This is another common question that is asked on the Community Center.  Follow the steps below to set the minimum and maximum nights a guest can book your listing for.

Step 1: Log into your Airbnb account and choose "Host" and then "Manage Listings".

manage listing.png

Step 2: Choose "Manage listing and Calendar".

manage listing 2.png

Step 3: You will now have your calendar loaded.  In the top right hand corner, choose "Availability Settings".  You will then see below the option to change the minimum and maximum nights a guest can book your listing for. 

minmax.png

You can also add requirements for certain months (seasons), specific dates, or Fridays and Saturdays (weekends).  To do this select "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends".  You can set multiple requirements.

requirement.png

Requirements for Seasons (range of months)

requirement season.png

Requirement Specific Dates

requirement specific dates.png

Requirements for Friday and Saturdays

weekends.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

12 Replies 12
David91
Level 1
Park City, UT

Thank you.  I figured this out the only thing I wish was different was when you had set a minimum numbersof days required for a certain date range that it would be more visible when someone was looking at that date range.   I am sure if they go to book it for less then the minimum that it would then say something but if you click on a date range it and look at your availability settings it still shows the base minimum nights for the larger calandar.      Thinking it didnt take when i first did it I then went to set it again for the date range I wanted a larger minimum days for it said it was already set for that range.   Airbnb needs to find a way that when you set those minimum days for a given range that it is apparent.   I will go look at it from outside of manage listings but within that it does not seem apparant. 

Thanks again

Cristina31
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

HI, I can find the Requirement for Season box but not Requirment Specific days or Friday and Saturdays boxes. Where do they appear?

Thank you

Cris

At the same point where Cris is: "

HI, I can find the Requirement for Season box but not Requirment Specific days or Friday and Saturdays boxes. Where do they appear?

Thank you

Cris"

Otto

It is a pull down but I also had difficulty finding it.

Where is the pull down for specific dates?

thanks

Ian20
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Hi Everyone!

I have three properties listed at here at Airbnb.

We have set the default minimum stay to 3 Nights for all. 

But in the Summer Season we have a 7 Night minium stay policy (Friday to Friday) .

I have entered this into the 'Availability Settings' along with the Summer Season 'Specific Dates' and specific check-in day.

However, when I go to the listing's calendar the mimium stay for the Summer Season is still displayed to guests as 3 NIGHTS, although the actual booking is correctly set to weekly Friday to Friday.

I tried changing the default 3 Night Minimum stay to 1, and the same thing happens but with Minimum Stay 1 Night.

It seeems the default 3 Night Minium Stay setting is overriding the manually entered 'Availability Settings'.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions?

Tried to attach screen shots to this message using the 'insert/edit image' button above, but that seems impossible. If anyone can enlighten me as to how that's supposed to function, I'd be very greateful too! 😉

Looking forward to any feedback...

Thanks,

Ian

Simply0
Level 1
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

I'm joining your request, 

I wish I could set three nights minimum as a general setup but if I have one or two nights left in between reservations I may want to allow bookings these nights as well or if I can more nights during holidays or high season I can set it to trump the general three nights settings

Natasha-and-Paolo0
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

thank you so much. I never noticed the availability setting tab before.

Brian-and-Jennifer0
Level 2
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Hi!

We are planning to take a family vacation in a coujple months, so I wrote a note on the calendar for those days that check-in had to be before we left and check-out no earlier than..... Right away I had a reservation request for 2 days mid-week, ignoring the note. Can the guests see the note I wrote about that weekend? Or, is that just for me to see?

I wish there was a "minimum stay required" option for specific dates, not just seasons. I won't be able to check her in, check on the room when she leaves, or book the other 8 days. 😞 I need to let her know ASAP if she can stay or not. Declining and clicking, "waiting for a more attractive reservation" seems so rude. Will she see that? Please Advise. Thank you!

Mitch5
Level 1
Portland, OR

Wow, I didn't even *know* my maximum stay was pegged at 1 night until a guest pointed it out--after *months* when I could have surely gotten more bookings! Bad show, Airbnb! This ought to be easy to find, not some dark secret. You just cost us both unnecessarily.

Ben144
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi there,

I can see the option to set minimum nights on specific months but why is there not an option for maximum days on specific months? For example during the Autumn my apparement is available for up to 2 weeks, however during the summer I only let it out for a maximum of 4 days. 

This is annoying because whilst my calendar is showing a maximum of 14 days for a potential booking in the Autumn, I have to keep turning down requests for longer stays during the summer.

Does anyone else ahve the same problem and is there away around it?

(All Airnbb need to do is add a maximum stay option in the specific dates section and it would allow alot more overall flexibility.)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide, click here to view.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.