Setting pricing more than 1 year in advance

Setting pricing more than 1 year in advance

Hi,

We allow guests to book our beach-front apartment 1 year in advance so that they can book for the same school holiday period for next year.  It is quite normal for holiday apartments at the beach to be booked 1 year in advance.  For school holidays we always set special rates which are about 50% higher than the normal rate.  The problem is that Airbnb does not allow us to set the rates more than 1 year in advance.  Last night we had an enquiry from a guest for school holidays in 1 year which had just become available on our Airbnb calendar. Unfortunately we had not had the chance to put in the special rates.  Therefore we would like to be able to set the rates about 6 months ahead of when the dates become available on Airbnb.  Is anyone able to do this?   

7 Replies 7
Debi1
Level 10
Portland, OR

There is a box on the calendar page that allows you to have the calendar available up to 6 months in the future.  Go to the calendar and click on 'availability settings' in the upper right corner.  You'll see it in a drop-down box.  The trick here is that as the days march on in real life, so does this calendar.  So you need to be alert to the holiday times that come up so that you can get your pricing set before you start getting thos inquiries!

Hilde8
Level 3
Bundeena, Australia

It works like this, I think.  Go to your calendar, top right is the availability settings. click on that then go to reservation preferences and on that page you will see Booking Window.  I haved selected All Future Dates.  It just means that you have to keep on top of rate settings well into the future.  It is Jan 2017 now and it has allowed me to enter prices and other details right through to Dec 2019.

Good luck

Thank you, Hilda!  This helps a lot.  Where can we make suggestions to Airbnb regarding features?  I'd like a choice between one year and forever!  

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Justin-and-Denise0 I might be wrong, but if I'm reading your description of your issue correctly, I don't think that either @Hilde8 or @Debi1's suggestions (good ones, yes, but not right ones) are going to address your issue.

I know that for my listing, I can go well out into the future (like, say, 18 months out), temporarily unblock any range of dates, set any special rates I want for those dates (all the same or each different), then reblock the dates. Later on, when AirBnB's "rolling" opening of those dates occurs, the dates I fiddled with will show the special rates entered long ago.

Now, there ARE ways to break that, which you should be aware of. If, in the interim, you ever adjust your base rates (weekday or weekend base rates), you may find that doing that overrides the specially-set rates that you'd put in place. (AirBnB may have fixed that odd behavior by now; I haven't checked for awhile.) To avoid that, just keep it in mind and if you ever modify your base rates, pop over and check those far-off dates.

Franca67
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I too would like the prices from this year to be copied into next year, unless I manually change a few.

Hi Franca. Have you found out how to do that? I also would like to set rates for each month, and leave them on forever, unless I manually change them.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Hernán

Hi,

Have you found the answer by any chance ?