Setting up payments host from guest to host

Julia423
Level 1
Prees, United Kingdom

Setting up payments host from guest to host

I am trying to set up the option of a bank transfer for my airbnb customers to pay for their accomodation. When I put the IBAN number and Swift ID as asked I then get prompted to put in a payee...and it won't accept the numbers. 

Am I missing something? Should I prefix the IBAN number with my name on the screen?

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Julia423,

Just so all's clear, are you trying to set up a payout method on the Airbnb website having clicked on the "Add Payout Method" button in the "Payout preferences" section of your "Account settings?

When I did this just now the first page asked for my address. The next page asked for my name, bank a/c IBAN and bank SWIFT code.

All went successfully on entering just that information.

If you're trying to set up a bank transfer on your bank's website then that's not the way to set up payments for Airbnb rentals. It must be set up as described above and here How do I edit or change my payout method?

When a host accepts a guest's reservation that's for less than 28 days Airbnb charges the guest in full. Then, 24 hours after the guest checks in, Airbnb starts the process of paying the host. Depending on weekends and bank holidays it may take a further few days for the money to reach the host's account. Their charging and payment process is outlined here When am I charged for a reservation?

You'll find a collection of informative posts for new hosts here Community-Help-Guides

Steve.