Shampoo/Conditioner dispenser that is not ugly?

Sophie1105
Level 2
New York, NY

Shampoo/Conditioner dispenser that is not ugly?

Hello everyone. I plan to start providing shampoo, conditioner and liquid shower gel/soap for my guests. I plan to use refillable dispensers as to not to contribute to plastic pollution. All dispensers I have seen on amazon and elsewhere just offend my aesthetic sensibilities. They are ugly. Ideally I'd like to do what they do in my spa, which is provide large branded bottles. Branded bottles look nice and the guests would know exactly what they're using. Does anybody have any recommendations for how to mount these so that they are not removable? Hotels and spas have those holders with sort of a ring around a bottle. Couldn't find those holders on amazon. Also, what brand of toiletries would you suggest? And, in your experience, how long does a 32 oz bottle last? 

4 Replies 4
David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Just beware of huge hygiene issue. Last year  my super aware friend started to use & refill some really beautiful pump dispensers from Morocco. But without realising when guests used the lavatory for example, and hit the pump some were placing their dirty palm right up against the dispenser. The cleaner didn’t realise and after about 6 bookings, a new guest went to use and horrible brown gunge came out instead of soap. She left scathing review & 1* for cleanliness. So over the long term these ‘refillable’ containers are going to need to be sterilised and flushed out as bacteria will build long term. 

good point and yes they of course would have to be replaced or washed at some point.. Something to add to the housekeeper's check list

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sophie1105  I can totally relate- so many things offend my aesthetic sense 🙂 Are you by any chance a Libra?

I've found nice-looking pump dispensers quite inexpensively in Walmart, dollar stores, all kinds of places. I'm talking pottery, or stone or stainless steel. I don't know how you'd secure them, though, so no one would actually take them if they fancied. The only problem with pottery or stone is that if they drop it on the tile floor, they'd break. So I prefer stainless. 

You could print out small labels for what's inside, laminate them, and glue them on the containers, or if you have an artistic hand, or a friend who does, paint the labelling on with a small brush and oil-based paint.

And as David pointed out, it's important to use antibacterial wipes on the outside of the containers between each guest, removing the lid and cleaning all the crud off.

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Sophie1105: Sounds like a trip through the halls of Etsy. You could probably find something unique there. It might take some searching but we have been able to find unusual items to house fairly common things.