Sharing Calendar with Housekeeper

Michele1411
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Sharing Calendar with Housekeeper

Hello! The responses to this question in the past seem quite old (2017/2018, etc). Wondering if anyone can share with me how they share their calendars with their cleaning crew? In the past I had a dear friend cleaning for me so I just made him a cohost, but don't want to do that with just anyone. 

Any assistance (for a dinosaur with limited IT skills!) would be GREATLY appreciated! 

12 Replies 12
Rebecca1458
Level 4
Washington, DC

Under "pricing and availability" you can get a URL to have your calendar exported to a Google calendar or other ICAL compatible calendars, like Apple. However, that means you or your housekeeper will  have to know how to go into your calendar settings and create the sync.

Rebecca1458_0-1627417032684.png

I've just started taking a screenshot of the Airbnb calendar for the current month and sending it to our housekeeper. If a cancellation happens or something changes, I send her a new screenshot. It's not the *best* method, but it's simple and works for us.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Michele1411 

Besides exporting the calender or take a screenshot of it (see above) you can also export your upcoming reservations to a spreadsheet file (CSV file). From "list of reservations" choose "export".  Or print the list as a pdf file or make a screenshot.

@Michele1411 im looking for the same!

Neill23
Level 2
Airdrie, Canada

I found this thread via search, and it was a great help.  A question:

When using the calendar export URL function, it shows up at the other end as "Reserved" with the check-in/check-out dates, but no details for the cleaner, such as number of adults/children/infants.  Did I miss a step, or is there a setting that allows for details to be selected/shared?

For the time being, I created a shared doc spreadsheet outside of the ABB platform and used the CSV export to set it up 

Thanks!

The iCal function is just going to give you the basic free/busy info.  The iCal format can contain all of that guest information, but you may need to hunt for a specialized calendar that can support it.  I just send my cleaner a text message with the booking info when it comes in (day in and day out).  That works well for us.

@Ryan2352 thank you 🙂

My pleasure.

How does it handle turnover days with checkout / checkin on the same day? 

Damon50
Level 2
Dallas, TX

I wish the Airbnb App and website had a 'Share Calendar' button!  All of this is too manual and using third party calendars is technical.

Robert1868
Level 2
Mineral Wells, TX

The whole idea of the Airbnb platform is to simple and automated. If we have to screenshot, text, call, import, export, and manually inform our ground services then we may as well advertise ourselves manually too. How hard is it to create a calendar share for lower level team members? I tried Airbnb's new "Team" feature, but it's a waste of time for our place. Our ground crews don't want their own log in. They want a calendar with accurate check in and check out times. That's all.

Same here! And that’s all we want so we can manage multiple places and everyone knows their job. 

Nancy1668
Level 2
Warwick, NY

PLease Aibnb do something to help with this..I tried exporting to google calendar and the dates are off..In google the checkout date is one day earlier than the actual reservation..I contacted Airbnb numerous times and the explanation was something like can't have a checkout/checkin be on the same day..But sometimes it IS..UGH