Where should I get my white Sheets and Towels, etc?

Answered!
Kevin247
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

Where should I get my white Sheets and Towels, etc?

My sister and I have been hosting for about 2 years now.  Our biggest headache is getting good quality white bedsheets, pillow cases, comforter covers, bed protectors, towels and bath mats.  It has been a big learning experience for us.  We started using colors then realize that it’s not easy to remove stains.  So, now we want to stay with whites.  Unfortunately, whites are not easy to buy at the store. And, they do not look good after a few wash due low quality materials.  I was told whites are not a preferred choice for homes.

I have been asking housekeeping staffs at various hotels.  They recommend high quality cotton with 300 or more threads and avoid non-cotton. They also recommend adding a cup of bicarbonate of soda to the wash.

I do business in China. I came across linen factories that make bedsheets, towel, etc. for hotels.  What we need is someone who can supply premium hotel quality products in small quantity to AirBnB hosts at factory prices. I am thinking of spending some time convincing a factory to cater for us (AirBnB host) with an easy way to order online. 

Actually, if indeed we are using top quality bedsheets and towels, it may be a selling point for us to include it in our AirBnB listing.  Since we all are hosting for AirBnB, we should be able to use the AirBnB logo with the word Premium in the product.  Am I wasting my time here?

Let me know if you have better way to deal with bedsheets and towels.  

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kevin247

We do use pastel coloured sheets because I do feel they look better for longer. Never heavy or outrageous colours, just subtle.

All my 4 linen sets are 1,000 and 1,900 thread count because they do have a very much smoother feel and this enables me to have them Scotchguarded prior to use which, although makes them just slightly starchier, this is offset by the silky smoothness of them.

Kevin our bed is the hero of the listing, it cost a lot of money, is 8 ft long (had another 10 inches built into it) it is electric and has massage motors built into it. It is a real one off, and I wanted linens and pillows and accessories that would do the bed justice. Without fail every guest comments on how good the bed is and many of the reviews say it is the best bed the guest has slept on.

Kevin I would recommend the highest thread count you can get. They do not have to be expensive! We have a large habedashery chain here called 'Spotlight' and great quality linens can be bought there for less than $100 per set. You have to remember there could be that guest around the corner who will ruin your freshly purchased linens. I am sure you would have similar chains in the US.

Stain treatment however is a must! We have had all the regular things like wine, blood, make-up to contend with, but the stain treatment makes short work of getting out even serious stains without having to resort to bleach which does make sheets look very used in a short amount of time. Just a quick rub with Sards wonder stain spray and into the wash and they come out perfect!

The other thing to consider is 'wear and tear'! Don't expect these linens to look at their sparkling best after 80 washes....they do deteriorate and we see posts from hosts that are all up in arms saying they have not had a problem in two years of hosting and someone just poured a glass of red wine on the sheets and now there ruined how do they get the guest to pay! If you have got two years from a set of linens that is more than enough life, just replace them and realise that there is a useful life to everything....it's not always the guests fault

So, in short, don't botherrt going to China......best quality you can buy, coloured, and stain guard....and Kevin you won't look back!

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

44 Replies 44
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kevin247

We do use pastel coloured sheets because I do feel they look better for longer. Never heavy or outrageous colours, just subtle.

All my 4 linen sets are 1,000 and 1,900 thread count because they do have a very much smoother feel and this enables me to have them Scotchguarded prior to use which, although makes them just slightly starchier, this is offset by the silky smoothness of them.

Kevin our bed is the hero of the listing, it cost a lot of money, is 8 ft long (had another 10 inches built into it) it is electric and has massage motors built into it. It is a real one off, and I wanted linens and pillows and accessories that would do the bed justice. Without fail every guest comments on how good the bed is and many of the reviews say it is the best bed the guest has slept on.

Kevin I would recommend the highest thread count you can get. They do not have to be expensive! We have a large habedashery chain here called 'Spotlight' and great quality linens can be bought there for less than $100 per set. You have to remember there could be that guest around the corner who will ruin your freshly purchased linens. I am sure you would have similar chains in the US.

Stain treatment however is a must! We have had all the regular things like wine, blood, make-up to contend with, but the stain treatment makes short work of getting out even serious stains without having to resort to bleach which does make sheets look very used in a short amount of time. Just a quick rub with Sards wonder stain spray and into the wash and they come out perfect!

The other thing to consider is 'wear and tear'! Don't expect these linens to look at their sparkling best after 80 washes....they do deteriorate and we see posts from hosts that are all up in arms saying they have not had a problem in two years of hosting and someone just poured a glass of red wine on the sheets and now there ruined how do they get the guest to pay! If you have got two years from a set of linens that is more than enough life, just replace them and realise that there is a useful life to everything....it's not always the guests fault

So, in short, don't botherrt going to China......best quality you can buy, coloured, and stain guard....and Kevin you won't look back!

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4

Thank you for sharing. in USA, we house Spray & Wash to remove stains. FYI, i also listing my condo in Kuala Lumpur, and it's not easy to find good cotton bedsheets and large towels there.  IKEA was my source, but the quality is not good.

I agree with you good quality linens make a big different.  We are washing everything down to the protectors with every new guest.  So, getting better quality linens make sense.  

We do replace the linens every 12 to 18 months. We averages 4 new groups of guests each month. 

@Robin4

Hi Kevin, I am going full time as a co-host in September onwards. Do let me know if you need help hosting your home in Kuala Lumpur 🙂 

Else, we can also meet up anytime (if you're in Malaysia) to have a chat - exchanging Airbnb hosting knowledge. Would be great to hear of your hosting experience managing both listings in USA and KL ! 

Cheers,

Jordan  

Sarah706
Level 3
Las Vegas, NV

We only do white sheets for the same reason as the stains are easier to get out than colored ones. I also think a 300-400 thread count is ideal because they feel nice without the huge cost. I prefer cotton over a poly blend since they are breathable and feel nicer. Im in the USA & I source my sheets here, https://airbnbhostshop.com/collections/linens-sheets-pillow-cases-for-short-term-rentals

Greetings  I have found no reviews for the host shop.  How long have you used the products? 

from the host shop

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi @Kevin247, I buy everything from Amazon. There is a wide range to choose from, and reviews left by customers who have bought the products. I have always been pleased with the quality and price, and everything comes in two days (free shipping for Prime members).

Which sheets in particular on Amazon?  I quickly got sucked into those microfiber ones there, but I'm pretty sure that's a silly distraction!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

White for me, Costco, Amazon and Ikea.

David

Same here i am staying with just white 100% cotton.  I have been looking into parcale at 320TH.  I think it's important to provide good linen.  We use pillow and bed protectors.  Right now I am changing everything, including duvel covers except for the protectors.  We change protoectors once a month. 

I really wish there is a way for us to advertise that I am serious about our linen.  

Thanks for giving me feedback. 

Hello Kevin,
I came across your post and wanted to share with you and the larger Airbnb community that my company AIM Global Trading is set up to meet exactly what you are looking for in terms of good quality, hotel quality, but small quantity Towels and Linens. We currently supply to large number of hotels and motels. We are US based importers and have our own manufacturing in Asia cutting a whole chain of middleman and passing the savings on to you. Please send your questions to:

Thanks,
Lisa ***,

@Kevin247

I am also experiencing the same problem you have, but recently switch to Bamboo cotton, so far so good. Might want to give it a try. A bit pricey thought. 

We are looking to buy some supplies in small quantities. Where should we go?

Deb29
Level 9
San Mateo, CA

@Kevin247 Hi there, we've been hosting for over 4 years. After trying out different suppliers, we opt to use Target for all of our towels and linens. We use their basic brand which is less expensive. So far, we haven't heard any complaints. Plus, they carry this brand all year long so all of our homes use the same ones.

Happy hosting!

Deborah

[link hidden]

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

We use the Liz Claiborne brand of JCPenney sheets. They are 600tc Egyptian cotton and last through several years of being bleached when needed and 2+ years of the "Sanitize Wash" cycle in the washing machine (heats water to at least 165F). They have never failed us before the 2 year mark. After 2 yrs we have had them tear, etc...but for $99 -25% off coupon for king size sheets, they are a steal!