Sheets that don't need ironing - available in Australia

Victoria576
Level 3
Western Australia, Australia

Sheets that don't need ironing - available in Australia

Does anyone have any recommendations for sheets that don't need ironing.  My current plan of attack is to get them out of the dryer when they aren't completely dry and put them on the bed and leave the fan on. I am really terrible at ironing.

10 Replies 10
Deborah350
Level 7
Grafton, Australia

Been doing Airbnb across four entire houses and have never ironed a sheet in 5 years. 
This has never had a comment from any guests. 
I don’t have the time to iron 17 beds worth of linen!

Victoria576
Level 3

Thanks Deborah. I always feel paranoid that they aren’t wrinkle free enough. No one has ever complained mind you. 

@Victoria576  I once mentioned to a guest after she checked in, "Your sheets are freshly clean, but I don't iron them". She said "Are you kidding? I've never ironed a sheet in my life." She wasn't some 19 year old, she was in her late forties.

Here's what I do- I actually line dry, I don't have a dryer, but if a sheet looks too wrinkly, put the fitted sheet on the mattress properly and iron it on the bed. This is a trick I learned on hosting forums and it's fast, easy and brilliant. I never would have thought of it.

Then I put the top sheet on and only iron the parts that are looking really scrunchy, and the top of the sheet that folds down over the covers. 

Unless you're running some luxury, expensive listing, just do touch up ironing if you think it necessary. I've read a ton of guest reviews, and even in the ones that are filled with complaints, I've never read a complaint about non-ironed sheets.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I love this @Sarah977 - will try first chance I get 

@Nick  They won't end up as crisp as they would on an ironing board, because you're ironing on top of the bed and a mattress pad, not a hard surface, but it works fine to get the wrinkles out. 

Victoria576
Level 3

Thanks Sarah. No it's definitely not luxury, more of a beach shanty with a bit of glam thrown in. I'll definitely be doing this from now on.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Victoria576 80%cotton plus 20% poly mix or microfiber  doesn't need ironing :

We never had complaint, in contrary, guests say how soft the bedding is 🙂

Thanks for this tip. I always buy high thread count and usually Eqyptian cotton. 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Victoria576 

Never do I iron sheets.  Weather permitting, they go out on the clothes line and can't wrinkle.  If the weather does not cooperate,  then I use the dryer to just barely dry and fold immediately. 

Never have I had a wrinkle complaint, but often guests comment on the non-scented comfort of the  sheets.  Fresh clean air dried linens beats city scents every time.😊

Victoria576
Level 3

Thank you. I'm loving this don't iron the sheets thing. I work at the hospital so I am used to seeing the sheets perfectly pressed. I've never actually been down to the laundry but I know they have giant machines that do it in 30 seconds. Absolutely agree that Airx tried sheets are the best too.