Should I decline a reservation request if the person is coming to snow sled and there’s not much snow?

Should I decline a reservation request if the person is coming to snow sled and there’s not much snow?

No snow but people want to book to go snowmobiling.  Should I leave it up to them or just decline the request?

3 Replies 3
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Leave it up to them, but make it very clear in your House Rules that weather conditions are not grounds for a refund. I would also put somewhere in the property description that weather conditions may vary, and maybe list fun things to do in your area if it isn’t snowing. You might also mention in chat before you accept the booking that snow may or may not be present, and confirm if they still want to book. People sometimes don’t read the descriptions, so using a 2-by-4 is sometimes warranted. 🙂

@Steve2868   I agree 100% with @Pat271 on how to handle this with the guest.

I notice that your listing description is very winter-focused, but its calendar shows availability all through the summer. If you're planning to host year-round, I'd recommend adding photos from the other seasons and a bit of text about non-snow-related activities and home features. Looks like you've had a successful winter, an now's a good time to start catching guests who have had it with the snow and are thinking ahead to summer adventures.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Steve2868 No need to decline the request, but make it abundantly clear that there is currently no snow, and there may not be any when they arrive, either. Remind them of the terms of the cancellation policy they are agreeing to, and ask if they still wish to proceed with the booking. If they don't, then ask them to withdraw their request.