Show Our Overall Rating To The Hundredth Percent

Martin280
Level 10
New York, NY

Show Our Overall Rating To The Hundredth Percent

Now that the Superhost Status is dictated by the overall rating I think we should see in our progress the overall rating out to the hundredth percentage point. With so many reviews mine hasn't moved in months from 4.8 but it doesn't tell me if I'm 4.81 or 4.89 and this is critical for us to react and make changes so we can maintain or achieve our superhost status. It's the same for someone trying to reach it. They should be able to be encouraged watching theirs go from 4.71 to .74 .77 .79 and know they are closing in, or be alerted if they see it going doing. The current tenth decimal point limitation is wholly inadequate now imo. 

19 Replies 19

@Martin280 that is an excellent idea!

I wonder how difficult it would be for Airbnb to add this...

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Put the idea on Host Voice in order to be heard.

Thanks, Sandra! Added it there. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I like this idea @Martin280, it would certainly give you a closer look into how you are doing. Thanks for sharing 🙂

What do others think?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Martin280

I know I may sound negative on this, but, I am afraid that the review system, at present, is so flawed and primitive that there are , in my opinion, other things that need to be improved ahead of worrying about a 100th of a point on the score system itself. We are playing a game of snakes and ladders here...most hosts are trying very hard to climb a ladder, but knowing that the system is so flawed that they can fall down a steep,long snake very quickly with just one "poor" and quite possibly, inaccurate review...100th of a point makes little difference in those cases. Just my 2 cents.

Yup - the uber driver is super clear that two 4* reviews cost him his job. With the new avg review rating Airbnb is heading in the same direction. It's almost more crazy seems Airbnb labels 4* as good. 

The review system should remove th bad apples that are getting avg of <2, not those of us trying to do a good job but getting burnt by a random system

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Martin280and @Mike340

I think that the assessment system should have a way to disconsider automatically 5% of the worst reviews,  and to balance it, it would be necessary to disconsider also 5% of the best reviews. It would avoid hunge discrepancies. This kind of "methode" to correct discrepancies is used in stastics and also in some types of  "olympics games" to prevent that one member of the jury produce a completely wrong outcome in terms of general avaliation.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

... and I have one question.

If the "Overall Experience" does not counts anymore, why Airbnb still asks to rate this item? What is the purpose of this?

To your point, I had sh for two years straight. 91 percent five star, 4'9 average. One 2 star a couple of years ago, and the rest 4 star. . .. until the Vindictive review of one star. I have had four 5 stars this week but the won't bend. Any ideas? 

Louise231
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi!

Just for info I'm pretty sure the 4.8 rating is rounded up/ down, so if you have 4.78 for example you're classed as 4.8

I'm not 100% certain is perfectly rounded ( ie from 4.75 upwards is 4.8 below 4.74 and under classed as 4.7) or if they maybe round up from 4.77 or something but it's defo rounded.

For example my location is classed as 5 but in reality its 4.98 so it's been rounded up

I checked my others as well and they have been rounded up or down.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I did this math manually myself yesterday since I was curious how long some of my revenge reviews were going to annoy my stats. Good news is that SH ratings are only based on last 365 days so those crummy reviews do have an expiration date for their effect. 

But yes i agree, reviews from naughty guests should be thrown out. The sneaky, no-read, caught with extra guests or damages guests are not reliable reporters. 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I agree with with your point of view, @Martin280.

Nice suggestion!

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I totally agree.  If the new "cut off" point for superhost is going to be 4.75, then the calculation should be shown to two decimal places.  

@Martin280@J-Renato0

I like that idea of removing the top and bottom scores to get a "better" average.

I would also like, to be honest, for AirBnb to do away with the single Superhost and have say...gold and silver hosts....so that the majority of decent/good hosts are recognised and available for guests to recognise, and there isnt this need to "worry" about scraping inside the Superhost line. Coupled with an updated, more self explanatory review scoring system,everyone would hopefully be happier.