Sick and tired of guests breaking the rules!

Tina6782
Level 2
Palo Alto, CA

Sick and tired of guests breaking the rules!

It has now happened again.  We have a 4-car limit.  The guest calls before check-in and says they have 6, so we oblige but warn them that additional cars will be charged $100 per car.  Against our rules, had a party!  Not really an easy way to count heads but we are sure it was over the max 14.  If we kick them out, I lose the revenue.  Guests ultimately had 8 cars on the property.

Guest cleaned up after their stay and all is back to normal but refused to pay the $200 for 2 extra cars than the 6 we allowed.  

How to remediate this for future bookings?  

2 Replies 2
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Tina6782 

You may want to get a Party Squasher. 

We had a thread a couple of weeks ago; 

"it is a small 2 x 2 black box that gets plugged into your router. It gets mixed up with all the cords. You can’t find it unless you know what you’re looking for. Plus it sends a signal when it’s unplugged. It is useless to someone if they’re not paying for the monthly service as well."

Tina6782
Level 2
Palo Alto, CA

I don't have any issue with discovering a party.  I have external cameras on the driveway and parking lot as well as cameras watching the entry to the home.  I know who is entering.  Further, if the cameras outside detect loud music inside the house, it is most definitely a party.  

The issue I have is "guests" that book the property knowing that it is a NO PARTY house, signed an agreement that they would abide by all the house rules, then have a party anyway.  So, my only option would be to ask them to leave (kick them out) AND then Airbnb would refund them for the unused portion of their stay.   My dilemma is the lost income.  I will not be able to book the property again on such short notice nor would I want to book someone on short notice (in most circumstances).