Single male guests invite female unregistered guests without informing.

Ee-Von0
Level 3
Upper Burnie, Australia

Single male guests invite female unregistered guests without informing.

I am still quite new to hosting but so far have had 2 similar incidents. 

1st male guest booked for 1 guest for a night went out for dinner and came home with another female without asking for permission or informing us. And later on left us a bad review for communication and value. We have had 5 stars review i’d say we are amazing hosts trying to accomodate everything we can and our communication is perfect. Also, we are one of the cheapest in town as we are new and would like to get most guests and review before putting our price to normal range so what bad value hes talking about.  So i was kind of angry but nothing i can do as he doesnt reply msgs so no point asking his reasons behind. 

2nd single male guests booked for 4 nights for 1 guest. Again, suddenly bring home another girl without asking or informing. I have no control over watever they do in the room, but they have no respect at all they were kissing like theres no tmr in our lounge for more than half an hour. I was in the kitchen cooking and i can see. They just dont give a d*mn do they? No respect at all! 

As im new to hosting i didnt know what to do. The male guest had 5 stars review from other hosts. Is it my problem? Is it a cultural difference thing? 

Also, i provide one towel for every guests staying. This male guest, decided to take towels from the bathroom thou i did not tell him he can take it there and he didnt ask for permission. He used a total 3 towels for 4 nights stay. And he took towels that may be reserved for next guests or it may even be our own personal towel. He just took 3 and use them without asking. I feel this guy has no respect for people’s house. 

I personally use airbnb as a guest myself. I know they paid to rent the room or even the whole property. Still, we are not hotels! There are differences between airbnb and hotels. 

I personally feel that guests need to respect our home! I have never even thought of doing ‘things’ with my partner in another hosts house because RESPECT! That is what i feel. 

I need some advice for future references please. 

25 Replies 25
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hey @Ricardo741 

Do you have in your house rules that only those who have booked and paid can be on your premises.

If so,  if your guests try and sneak in extras - offer them the option to pay for the extra guests or leave.

Your room is listed as 2 person occupancy. It doesn’t really make much of a difference writing they need to pre-announce guests.

You should communicate with your guests when they inquire prior to booking or write in your description it’s appreciated if as they’re introducing themselves and rsvp-ing, they could share what the purpose of their trip is. That way you can prepare and make important decisions.

Ee-Von0
Level 3
Upper Burnie, Australia

Yes i will do that! Thanks for the advice. 

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ee-Von0 

Regarding the towels, if it is at reach to the guest, they may use it.

So if you do not want them to use other towels (specially YOUR towels) make sure that those are locked away.

It may be a pain, but you may need to install a locker on a cabinet, to ensure that they will not be used.

Ee-Von0
Level 3
Upper Burnie, Australia

Thanks! Yes i will keep them out of sight now. 

Jim222
Level 2
Todmorden, United Kingdom

It's bad manners and a cheap trick that is way beyond what a host should have to tolerate. Send a money request through their original booking for an additional person. You also have to consider the impact of Airbnb's insurance - the unauthorised guest may not be covered.

Ee-Von0
Level 3
Upper Burnie, Australia

Yes ure right! Anything happens it will not be covered!!

Denis71
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I am a male host, fighting to become a super host in the next month. so it's a little bit different for me. One of my guests also didn't register the guest who was travelling with him, but it's totally different to what is explained here. It wasn't a one night stand, and the guests were really great, I enjoyed hosting them quite a lot. On top of that my guest brought me a bottle of Port from Portugal, he asked in advance if he should pay something extra. Therefore, I didn't charge anything extra even for the guest, because I asked in advance to bring souvenir from their country.

Ee-Von0
Level 3
Upper Burnie, Australia

I guest some people have more common sense than others! Its good that you have had the great guests. I dont mind if they come together and say we are a couple and all that, and not just a one night stand thing and make us uncomfortable in our own house. 

Thomas-Brock0
Level 2
Pismo Beach, CA

i am now adding a beach house that my family has decided to use airbnb.  it is a very large 4 br 3 bath.  how can i make sure they do not just rent out all the rooms to friends and family and just tell me the are only using 2 bedrooms .    

maybe it is not worth the stress!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you host remotely you should install CCTV and include a house rules that any guests on the premises who have NOT booked and paid will lead to you asking Airbnb to automatically cancel the whole booking.