Size of the accommodation

Luigi27
Level 8
Malaysia

Size of the accommodation

I found not very transparent the fact that the desciption of the apartment does not allow us to clearly show the size of the apartment/unit. You may find the same price for a studio or a 3 bedrooms apartment and it is very difficutl to notice the diffence in size with the pictures.

Windu for istance shows very clearly the square feet (or square meter) of the apartment.

I suggest Airbnb to implement this very easy information on the main description of the apartment

10 Replies 10
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I agree - but not sure it would make a huge amount of difference to most people when booking. They tend to go on ratings and reviews. But for some it may be helpful.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Luigi27 some European hosts post a floor plan in their photos. In 2 years of hosting only one guest asked about the square footage of my entire home listing. 

True. After 7 years I just had our first inquiry about the square footage. And this was the message:

Hello - would you know the square footage of this apartment, roughly? Many thanks, kendall

Nothing about the hundred positive reviews, no Hello Leo and Veneranda, no lovely pictures, nothing about what they need the accommodation for. It gives you some idea what kind of guests are interested in the square footage. Won't be too appreciative, just does it have enough beds and space. These are no people's people. Not my favourite guests, but if it fills a gap in the calendar, fine. They would be in the house across the street from us, not in our home with us, so it's fine.

Brooke9
Level 1
Seattle, WA

My potential guest said he saw the house was 1,100 SF after he booked it and wants to cancel. I am not sure where this number is on our profile, since it is incorrect. 

You can easily enter your address into sites such as Zillow or Trulia, who will tell you the approximate square footage of the house according to whatever public records they can find for the parcel ID.  As an home owner, you can "claim" you house on those sites and update the information if it is incorrect.

I agree. Some used a wide angle lense to film their flat which made it look bigger.

Tariq30
Level 1
Espoo, Finland

We are probably not the standard type of customer but for us it's super important to understand the sqm, as we tend to stay in locations for 2-3 months, where we work from home and then usually hire a nanny to look after our daughter during work hours.  We want to ensure there is enough space so our little one can roam around and play her games but also that there is enough space so we're not on top of each other and don't get disrupted too often because the noise travels through the walls due to everything being so compact.

Sanket9
Level 1
Dublin, CA

I think Airbnb doesn't want the customers to know the size of the listing. I use Airbnb frequently for my travel and many times we've been fooled  by the posted pictures and details in the listing. Listers will use wide angle lens photos and photos taken from a specific angle which won't show the true size of the listing. 

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Luigi27 always a great question for a guest to ask! Sometimes guests want to bring large groups to small spaces and get upset when its cramped. If you know the size you need, send a message before booking to ask the host. 

I agree with Luigi. It is not about not being appreciative of the pics, hosts etc but about knowing the size of the property the guests would be staying in.

There is nothing wrong in wanting to know such a basic info. I hope AirBnB will realize their oversight and fix this soon.