Sleep Number bed purchase?

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

Sleep Number bed purchase?

We have a Sleep Number bed for our own personal use. Its the best bed I've ever bought as I like a firm bed and my wife likes a soft bed. The compromises of past mattress purchases did nothing but hurt my back. Soooo...on to the question.

If you were a guest, would you appreciate a Sleep Number bed where you could adjust the firmness to your own personal preference? As a host would you put a $2,000+ bed in your Airbnb?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4
Ali40
Level 10
Crozet, VA

As a guest, I would love it (I love my sleep number bed). But as a host, it isn’t cost effective for me to invest that much in a mattress for my rental. I have a medium firm hotel quality king size mattress in my rental and many have said it’s very comfortable. 

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi

No, I would not put such bed in my rental.

Mattresses suffer a lot, and once you have a mark or spill, that is it.

I personally have an Ikea memory foarm mattress with a topper - and I have a LOT of compliments on how confortable the bed is.

Miranda145
Level 1
Grand Junction, CO

I bought an older model king-sized Sleep# bed off Facebook Marketplace...it's paid for itself! Lots of compliments and people like the customization. Also, I provide both firm & soft pillow choices, which I always appreciate as a guest.

Elizabeth774
Level 2
Occidental, CA

I want to invest in an overall mattress that will satisfy firm and soft mattress preference guests. I don't mind shopping on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist, as long as its a newer mattress. I would like to spend no more than $400-500. Any suggestions?