Smart Pricing currency confusion...

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Smart Pricing currency confusion...

Hi Folks

It has just occurred to me that the "smart pricing" algorithm does not understand currencies and there is probably a flaw in its logic.

I advertise my prices in euros but get payed in zlotys, I'm a zl99 per night now.

The latest price recommendation from the smart price algorithm is call a "Great Price" and it is suggesting I reduce my price to zl25 per night or the equivalent of (euro 4.75, $5.64), anecdotally the cost of laundering the bedlinen for two beds is a great price at zl17.

It is my contention the algorithm does not know the difference between zloty and euros when its doing it calculation and is obviously a fundamental flaw.

Euros 25 is 4 times the price of zlotys 25

Do the gurus in Airbnb not realise that Euros 4.75 a night is ridicules and must indicate a flaw in the algorithm.  

WHEN YOU WORK FOR NOTHING YOU'LL NEVER BE IDLE.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

1 Reply 1
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Smart Pricing is f***** **, which many other hosts will readily confirm, @Cormac0. It will only work if you set a decent minimum and ignore all the prompts. I could tell you stories about New Year's Eve 2017 reservations... Cracow is booked 94% according to booking.com, but airbnb SP algorithm keeps suggesting you should lower your prices... /me remains speechless

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"