'Smart Pricing' enabled without consent

'Smart Pricing' enabled without consent

HI all,

We have had for the 2nd time in a year, had 'Smart Pricing' turned on for our property without our consent, and users have booked our property at rates where we lose money.

AirBnB refuses to acknowledge the problem, or accept responsibility for the technical error, and will not remove the booking that ocurred at the incorrect rate.

After messaging the prospect to inform them of the error caused by the platform, we offered them the unit to stay if they were willing to pay the rack rate.

At this point we no longer trust the prospective guest, nor feel comfortable with the booking, yet AirBnB refuses to help.

Have others experienced this?

21 Replies 21
S110
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

I think both hosts and guests need to be compensated. Otherwise, without any monetary consequence, airbnb will continue to exploit and manipulate the system.  Once we have set our settings, and turned off smart pricing, we shouldn't have to be worried about it being turned on without our consent. Plus if AIRBNB is so concerned about safety and security, how is it safe and secure that they are going into our accounts and messing with our settings and changing our settings such as turning on our smart pricing without our consent? That is market manipulation. No business ethics. I am quite shocked as I have promoted Airbnb to so many people and now feel taken advantage of. They need to compensate us. This is not right. 

I agree!

Cindy807
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

I just had Airbnb change the price of my suite from $55 to $41 a night! They do not acknowledge or admit they did this. And then I could not change the price either and had to call support to help. I do not use smart pricing and have had the same price for a year and a half.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Why is my rate being changed when smart pricing is turned  off? Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Why is my rate being changed when my smart pricing is off? 

Jake-And-Cindy0
Level 1
Traverse City, MI

We are going to initiate a class action lawsuit against AirBNB. They have changed our pricing twice. They play dumb and say we did it. We do not use instant book ever. They are ripping use off and on top of it my guest have already left out place and we have still not been paid. ( In Processing ). They are loosing money and taking ours. Message us to join the Lawsuit.  

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jake-And-Cindy0 I have send you a DM with details about your case. Thanks 

Tonight, for the fourth time, AirBnb turned on smart pricing without our consent. Only discourse it is for me to contact the guests and state that the price is wrong. That's absolute bullsh*t, I did not turn smart pricing on