Smart Pricing plus Weekend Pricing

Smileys0
Level 1
Bolinas, CA

Smart Pricing plus Weekend Pricing

I can't seem to use the new Smart Pricing feature in conjunction with weekend pricing.  Seems like Smart Pricing overrides anything I set as a weekend price (box  checked).  Would be great to get "smart" pricing Sun to Thur and then still have the set weekend price kick in.

6 Replies 6
Jane30
Level 1
Oakland, CA

I had the same problem, just lost $300 because the smart pricing overrode my weekend minimum price, only if they can add a weekend min. price to override the smart pricing (or pick the higher one of the two instead of override my weekend price regardless) I'd be the happiest host, other wise they are doing such a great job!

Had the same issue with the smart pricing. Has anyone from the Airbnb expert explained about how to resolve this issue?
Omar10
Level 2
Mountain View, CA

I have the same issue. Would love to set a weekend min price for Smart Pricing. 

If this is accurate, then I can't turn on smart pricing.  90% of my rentals are on weekend and the rate is much higher than my weekday rate.

Monica487
Level 2
Eurobin, Australia

I just tried to do the same thing as I am getting low prices for weekends when I can get much higher prices. Would love to be able to set a differential base price as airbnb is not ever adjusting up using its algortms to a higher price on week-ends even though I have no problem getting higher rates through another listing service. I don't want to turn smart pricing off but I may have to or else have a too high a minimum price for weekdays or too low for week-ends. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Most people that have been with Airbnb for a while consider 'Smart Pricing' not too smart at all, and do NOT use it. Neither with 'Weekend Pricing', the two must lead to a combustible combination.

Both are a noble attempts to help with pricing, but they are limited programs and no match for the infinite combination of considerations that the human brain can do.