Smart locks in Australia

Peter810
Level 2
Patterson Lakes, Australia

Smart locks in Australia

In Australia we have a dearth of smart lock availability. I found one commercial solution, but at $2,500 it wasn't really an option.

After much research, I found the only option available - Schlage Sense lock/keypad and  Schlage BR400 Sense Wi-Fi Adapter. I was advised by Schlage Australia that the adapter wouldn't work in Aus as the US used different frequencies, but I decided to try it anyway.

Those of you reading this outside Australia will be horrified at the costs we are saddled with here in Aus.

Schlage Sense lock & keypad (Amazon Australia) = A$314

SchlageSense.jpgSchlageWiFiAdapter.jpg

Schlage BR400 Sense Wi-Fi Adapter (eBay) = A$180.

Total cost A$494!

But IT WORKS. I can remotely set a new key code for new guests and cancel it when they leave. I can lock & unlock the door from anywhere. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the functionality to set a code for a date interval; you can only set it for 24/7 or for a group of selected days of the week.

No relying on Airbnb sending a code a long time before guests arrive, I just send the code with my welcome message to them a short time before their arrival.

4 Replies 4

Hi

i would love to hear how things have gone with this lock ? 

Peter810
Level 2
Patterson Lakes, Australia

Our Schlage lock is going GREAT.

We can have heaps of folk, all with different codes, add and remove at will. All set on my phone no matter where I am. Very easy to operate.

We can lock and unlock remotely as well. 

We can also still lock / unlock with the key (we got it keyed alike to other locks in house).

Schlage were not sure if their wifi add on would work in Australia, but we took the chance and have had no problems.

The lock cost over $319 through Amazon. The wifi adapter cost $180 through eBay.

At the time, Feb 2018, this was the ONLY option under about $2500.

Thoroughly recommended.

Any questions phone me (Peter) on *or email on **

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Hong28
Level 2
Lugarno, Australia

Hi Peter,

Have you heard about this company? https://www.keylessentrysystems.com.au/keyless-entry-systems-blog/

Do you know which company can supply and install remote smart lock in Australia (NSW) at a reasonable cost and reliable?

Thank you very much.

Best

Hi @Peter810 ,

Did you use it with a transformer?  

We use 230 V at 50 Hz, whilst US uses 120V AC at 60 Hz.