Smart pricing lower than preset minimum

Ainsley1
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Smart pricing lower than preset minimum

I activated smart pricing for my property, and set my minimum at $110 and maximum at $175, but people have been able to book for as low as $85. Why is that happening?!

18 Replies 18
Tony517
Level 1
Waipahu, HI

I'm new to AirBnB and after a few weeks of some great bookings, I've noticed that the not-so smart pricing option is consecetively dropping about $10/night below my minimum. Not cool. I thought of turning it off completely but understand that doing so, Airbnb will put my listing last or at the bottom of all other searches. Really not cool. SO I'm leaving it on and just manually turning it off for months at a time....has anyone else tried that option with positive results?

Liz577
Level 2
Kailua-Kona, HI

I found this article at the top of my search results when looking for booked at less than minimum price. After AirBNB confirmed to me that they in fact do not charge less than minimum price unless you’re running the non-refundable discount or other such offers, I wanted to be sure it gets noted in this discussion thread. Smart pricing will not charge less than minimum price unless you’ve put offers in place that allow it. 

But it does charge under the minimum price.  I have it set at $55 per night and it just magically adjusted to $47 per night and I do not have any special discount offers in place.  I am shutting it off as well because they do not respect the "minimum" price that I had set.  

Janice504
Level 2
St-Pierre-Jolys, Canada

Smart pricing was working good for about a year, but now its put my listings $20 Less a night or more. my minimum price was $115, it was allowing booking for $95. that crazy.