Smartlock app, guest do not want to use, Negative rating for checking

Bharti1
Level 2
Richmond, Canada

Smartlock app, guest do not want to use, Negative rating for checking

My listing has August smartlock and August direclty send detailed infromation on how to setup and use app to checkin. Some guest fail to understand and cannot use it. Many guests  are scarred to checkin using App thinking it my require data. It is must for Airbnb to update instructions that these app works via bluetooth and needs no data. 

In past we have provided physical key to a guest, as he was unable to setup app. Which worked very nice between both host and guest. The issue came when guest posted 3 star review for checkin. 

I am sure when guest had used physical key without any issue, why they are permitted to post bad review on checkin. Using smartlock and Apps is not a bad thing which host is offering. Also smartlock system is expensive.

The guest checking review must be redefined and must be seprated form Smartlock app issues.

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Bharti1  If you have a suggestion about how Air BNB could improve service, it would be a good idea for you to post in the Host Voice. That way, should sufficient host support be indicated, your idea will be forwarded to the Air BNB team.  Not so with the host forum.  Good luck!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Not every guest has a smart phone, what do you do then?

David

We always offer physical keys if needed and requested. But the issue is, not to get 3 or less points on checkin reviews, as guest has been properly provided checkin. Aim of having a better lock system is betterment by host and not harassment for checkin to guest.

Lisa-and-Lee0
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

Buy yourself one of these, and install it next to your door. Then you'll also have keypad access, for guests who can't (or don't want to) use the app. http://august.com/products/august-smart-keypad/