So my Guest traveled with her Roaches!

Ivette1
Level 3
Miami, FL

So my Guest traveled with her Roaches!

Hi everyone!

Has anyone had a guest infest thier home? I've had the unfortunate experience of a guest that wanted a reduction in her stay...40% to be exact. I said I was not in a position to accomodate this request.  And, so....I have imported roaches in my home...along with thier travel jars stratigically positioned through out my home. The roaches are not indigenous to my area...it took the seond exterminating company to point out this fact. And , Airbnb is sorry that this happened.  

3 Replies 3

It sounds like you were in contact with Airbnb already.  If you took pictures and have receipts for the exterminator plus their information that the bugs were imported, Airbnb may side with you for getting the costs covered from the guest who left them behind.  You do have a security deposit.  Make sure you flag the profile of the guest, and review her with a big thumbs down! 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You make it sound deliberate, presumably AirBnB are processing the costs against the Security Deposit?

David
Heather64
Level 5
Palm Coast, FL

This is happening to me right now! Three years after it happened to you and AirBnB has not put any practices into place to protect homeowners.