Some times it pays to refund

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

Some times it pays to refund

Read from bottom up lol... I know for a fact this mom is one of the Mother's with Wings on the AFB forum. She will in turn let them know we gave them breaks and it will be paid forward for us IMHO. I removed the extra guest fee's because her mom got sick, so 11 people did not stay only 5 and gave them the extra day with a small refund after removing extra guest charge. Half our reservations are BMT graduations from the Air Force Base. I think this was the best way to handle it in my favor. Hopefully we get a good review lol... 

• You're amazing! Thank you so much

Sat 7/21/2018 7:15 PM CDT
    • Okay extra day added it's blocked on my calendar.

Sat 7/21/2018 7:14 PM CDT
    • I think I did it right, but not positive. I tried to add the extra day and remove the extra guest charge there by giving ypu back some money. I have no idea what you actually got. If it didn't work right I will reffund the $25 difference between $199 + tax and give you the credit of $25.58 at the end when I return deposit.

Sat 7/21/2018 7:03 PM CDT

• Well, looks like it's just going to be the five of us for the duration. Three of Sally's family made it down, which means we had a whole lot of extra space, but it was fun. One question for you... Is there any way we could extend our stay to include Sunday night as well? We actually don't fly out until Monday evening, and having the place all day tomorrow would be nice.

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

I absolutely agree. Guests appreciate it when we treat them like human beings, and that's nothing but good for business in the long run. I have no interest in keeping someone's money for a service they couldn't use just because I can.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lisa723  I absolutely agree. They paid for 11 only 5 showed up. They did not ask for a refund. I offered it as soon as I heard the guest list shunk. They paid $240 extra guest fee's for the four days. They would have paid for the extra 5th night added at the same rate, which just didn't feel right to me. I have less cleaning, expenses and wear and tear for 5 then 11. I assume they will bring the trainee/graduate and maybe a freind or two with no family at graduaion, which I have okayed back to the house for the day to enjoy home cooked meals and some down time.