Someone tried to contact me...

Sheila-And-Herb0
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Someone tried to contact me...

Airbnb sent me an email today stating:

"I am reaching out because another Airbnb member either requested to communicate with you via private email or Facebook, or sent

a malicious message in which you may have been asked to verify your listing, or copy and paste a URL into a new browser window. We ask that you halt your communication with this individual immediately. We have removed their account so that you will no longer have access to their message thread. "

Can someone explain how I can possibly halt communication with an individual who Airbnb refuses to name???

10 Replies 10
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Sheila-And-Herb0 Sounds like Trust and Safety is on the job!  Recently some hosts have been getting inquiries stating that they have seen the host's listing on another website for less than what the host has listed on Airbnb.  It's a total scam to get hosts to hand over the keys to their account by going to that scam website.  My guess is that Trust and Safety has identified this scam artist and has removed them. 

Did you get such an inquiry?  If you did and you went to the scam website, contact Airbnb right away!

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

@Clare   I didn't get any inquiry like that, or anyone trying to contact me on Facebook or privately.  I do reviews on Yelp and did get something like that just a few days ago, but Yelp isn't Airbnb, so it's curious.

@Sheila-And-Herb0 Well then Trust & Safety probably pre-empted some sort of contact with you.  It is curious, but I'd double check my settings anyway...doesn't hurt.  Be safe!

@Clare0 What setting would I be checking?  Other than password, all other settings have to do with parameters I've set for guests and their ability to book, etc. 

@Sheila-And-Herb0 the most important setting, other than your password, is the notification setting if a login is made from a device that Airbnb doesn't recognize as the one you usually use.  This way, any unauthorized logins will be reported to you by email (check to be sure your email address is correct too).  You can find this notification setting by clicking on your profile picture on your Dashboard, then click on Account Settings. then click on Security.  You will see a box called Turn On Notification settings, click on it. 

Can't be too secure!

@Clare0 Oh, okay.  I checked my security settings and have had that all in place.  Thanks for all your speedy help!

Jameel-And-Zelena0
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

@Sheila-And-Herb0 ...Hi this is off topic, I was hoping you had any advice for a new owner like yourselves to prosper @Jockey Club Las Vegas

@Jameel-And-Zelena0We've spent years working up a respectable business. Prosper is hardly the appropriate word, since yearly maintenance fees on the property eat up a lot of it. All I can say is keep plugging away! 

@Sheila-And-Herb0 ...is there a separate forum you can start. I’m just learning how to navigate around Airbnb. I’d like to here more solely on JC

@Sheila-And-Herb0 How do you all make out with getting ppl checked in, communication, resolutions, have you made reliable contact/s at JC?