Sonoma County's new vacation rental requirement - Property Management Certificate

Keiko0
Level 2
Sonoma, CA

Sonoma County's new vacation rental requirement - Property Management Certificate

Hello Sonoma County Airbnb hosts!

Regarding the new requirement starting from 2018 that vacation rental owners/management companies (or contact person) must have "Property Management Certificate" issued by Sonoma County, I would like to meet with other hosts in Sonoma County and share our contact information.

We can help each other, especially when we are out of town travelling while renting our properties.

I am planning to take the exam soon and will be certified!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Keiko

38 Replies 38
Samara3
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

I'd love to connect on this too. Planning on renting out our new vacation home and would gladly get the Property Manager Cert myself, but I live ~60 miles from the property. Any ideas for representing your own property from more than 30 miles away? 

Hi Samara,

Me, too!

I am planning to get the property mgt certificate myself.

I really need to find someone who can be a contact person of my cottage, especially when I travel.

There are lots of Airbnb listings in Sonoma County, and we all must be certified by the end of the year.

It would help every owner if we create a community for us to each other.

Keiko

Hi Samara and Keiko, 

I am on the same boat.  Where you able to find a Property Manager to help you?

Thanks,

Johanna

Hi @Keiko0 - were you able to get certified and were you able to find a group of homeowners to help each other?  I would love more information on how you’ve been able to make things work. We live an hour away from our upcoming rental so unfortunately not close enough to meet the 30 mile proximity requirement. 
thanks, Christina 

Hi @Keiko0 , 

This is an old thread but I hope you would see my note. I wanted to check if you could connect me with the community of hosts in Sonoma. We live about 35 miles from our property so will not qualify and need to find someone who can be the contact person for the county. 

my email is **

Behnam

**[Personal information hidden]

I'm in the same boat.  Have been managing my property myself but no longer can since I don't meet the 30-mile requirement.  Professional property management companies want a percentage of every booking even if they aren't doing anythig.

Hi @Farzaneh0 - were you able to find a property management solution that you might be willing to share information on?  Thank you! 

Hi @Farzaneh0 and @Christina1174 

Wanted to check if you could find someone to be your contact for your property?

Thanks

Behnam

(Sorry if you're getting this twice, just got an error message.)

But wanted to let you know that I am an Airbnb Property manager in SF and we are always doing something, whether it's optimizing pricing, tweaking the listings, talking to Hosts, Guests, Vendors and the Cleaners, scheduling the cleaners and dealing with any issues they bring up like towels with throw up on them or a broken chairs, etc.

In face, I got a call from two drunk guests at 10:30pm last night to let me know they were not happy about some things in the home.  I got up at 8am this morning to get one of our vendors to go over there today to fix it.

No to mention all the little things like ordering supplies, new linens, anything the home may need, then dealing with invoices and paying vendors out, delivering stuff to the house that the Host never purchase like a good sturdy plunger.

And believe me, since our rate is by percentage, the more money you make the more money we make so we are always trying to keep the listings as full as the Host wants them to be.  So we could be making $15/hour or $150/hour depending on the number of issues that come up.

Just my 2 cents.

Jarrod1
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

I like this idea - we have a place in Sonoma but aren't renting for Airbnb yet - we plan to start mid-summer, and are looking for the best way to work it out from a local management persepctive.

Arthur111
Level 2
Calistoga, CA

I am a resident host and certified Property Manager in Sonoma County.  Anyone in the Santa Rosa, Healdsburg, Guerneville or East Sonoma County areas seeking someone to help mange their rentals, support guest relations or need a representative close to their property to act as the point of contact, please let me know.  

Hi Arthur 

Be very interested in talking to you about my home in Windsor. Not sure how we connect from here?

Hi Barbara so sorry I only know I’ll be getting in touch with you. I’ve not gotten any notifications of messages on this board until today. You can reach me at arthur@mayastoga.com if you still need some help. I’d love to talk with you!

Arthur D. Goodrich

Arthur - 

Late to the game on this thread, but I am looking for a property manager for my short term rental property and would love to get in touch with you. 

Hope your properties and family are all safe after these horrible floods. 

Thanks,

Dawn