Sooooo. I have a question.

Nancy67
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Sooooo. I have a question.

I recently read an article about hotels now offering small intimacy kits with a few items in an elegant little package tucked in the minibar for sale. It contains the basics and a few other items depending on the kit. (If you imagination isn't that good, ask your kids) I contacted a company out of San Diego, Ca and inquired. They can and will wholesale the sealed kits by the case (24-48 units per case)to Airbnb hosts.
I have a few questions for my fine fellow host community.
1. Would you consider a kit for your space?
2. Would you list it as an amenity?
3. Would you charge for the kit? (They wholesale for between $4.90-$14 each)
I personally don't think it's offensive-- and have considered purchasing to leave one for guests who are staying more than 3 nights.
4. Your thoughts?

15 Replies 15
Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

I don't have kids. What are you talking about?

I do have kids but could not imagine them enlightening me, @Christian65, so I googled it. That works. 

I don't know, @Nancy67. I see such kits were pioneered in Canada, at The Drake Hotel in Toronto. It looks like a nice enough place from the sidewalk.  

I do know how to Google @Lawrene0 but why wouldn't you just write condom-kits or whatever. Are condoms considdered taboo still? 

But I actually do have kits for my guests though. Band-aid -kits for wound care and such. Those kits are terrific!

Did you not google it, @Christian65? Your explanation hardly covers "steaming up your hotel [but let's replace that with 'Airbnb'] nights". At least that was where google took me. 

I, too, provide bandaids. Also tea. So a slightly cooler crowd in Canada and Denmark maybe than is making its way to South Carolina. 

Nice with tea @Lawrene0 I offer coffee and sugar and my full attention and love but no condoms though!

They are also sometimes called "one night stand" kits hehe.. I'll let cheap flights explain it better:

https://www.cheapflights.com/news/hotel-intimacy-kits/

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

I think she is talking condoms. In real life I have to ensure people practice safe sex. So a condom is a condom. 

In the UK you can purchase kits from a company called Out of Eden, they have a website. I have no link to the company other than being a customer. 

That's what I thought but then again I initially thought it was weird not just writing kits with condoms and lube so I convinced myself it had to be some other kind of kit. 

Thank you @Andrew157

So sorry @Christian65 Americans tend to be less out front with such things. I will do my best to say what I mean next time.  😉 

We Danes are very upfront and sometimes perceived as too vocal and rude with our direct language. Don't worry. I like the subtlety from you Americans 🙂  I just couldn't understand what you meant but now I do and now I know that the world offers these kits .-)

Marie21
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

i always leave a box of 12 condoms in each apart in bathroom where i place diff toiletries for guests - `The same way i leave tampons - and lady pads

Wonder what else will be in that little package maybe a good idea to add a special touch 

Nancy67
Level 10
Charleston, SC

OK- so I was trying to be delicate and not violate any crazy Community Board rules.... SO much for being discrete. Here is the photo of the kits-- although there is one more for $9.50 tht comes in a carton of 24....Just trying to stay current and include something extra in a new sea of hosts, who are washing down rates in my town. 

fullsizeoutput_23cf.jpeg

@Nancy67, I'm shocked. 

Having studied this in great detail, I see I should be gathering up the wild turkey feathers on the trail before anyone gets any ideas. 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nancy67

Hardly offensive - peoople have sex all the time = I think they usually think ahead and have made plans but an emergency stand by kit might be appreciated, Otherwise they have a quiet night in. I wouldnt liist is an anemenity just as we don;t list a spare tootbrush, tootpastet etc as extras - just there if they need them. Nice touch,