Sorting listing by price

Yoav4
Level 10
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Sorting listing by price

Isn't it weird that you cannot sort listing by price?
I think ir's very basic and this is the first site that I saw that doesn't have this option.

Of course other sorting options such as reviews, distance from request place etc could be nice but price is like I mention is basic.
What do you think?

94 Replies 94

It's odd, I can't find it, but the online help says: 

How does the "Sort by" filter work?

When you search for a place to stay, you can use the Sort by filter to view the listings by Best matchPrice - Low to high, or Price - High to low.

Fully agree. Get your act together Airbnb. Everybody knows and understands that your A/B testing of the choice architecture probably yields higher sales when the option is not available. But doing this is not only unethical, but also horribly annoying!!!! Bring back a transparent and visible sorting option by price.

Thanks!

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

I don't want "sort by price" guests.

Alex1651
Level 3
Paengaroa, New Zealand

Well having a sort by price option is a great way not to get any.

I don't want to stay with you for any price! 🙂

Oh dear you sound so insecure it's embarrassing. Who on earth would want to stay at your place with that attitude? 

Hello @Maria-Pia3 

'Who on earth would want to stay at your place with that attitude? '

They are the ones that looks for upscale accommodation and some types of high quality holiday properties.  @Ute has a very beautiful vacation house on the mountains. So I understand what she mean.

She does not compete with reasonably priced and  budget accommodation 🙂

I offer resonably priced and budget accommodation. I am always afraid of guests that books looking only for the price.

The ideal guest, in my case, are the ones that undestand what is "good value for money".

That is a very judgemental attitude to have. You don't know what people are going through or what they need or what's going through their minds and are trying to justify lack of transparency and taking away that choice for them. People need and deserve a 'sort by price' list for all sorts of reasons that are their own that are nobody's business, there is no need to try to shame them for it. 

** inappropriate content hidden **

It helps to limit huge results!  I personally look for 1 month+ listings and the amount of results are sometimes a LOT to comb through.

There are people like me who want to sort from high to low.. extremely annoying going through all listings. This is actually nuts!

Really? You came here to say that? 

I agree with Ritesth 12.  Why sort through multiple properties that may be completley out of one's price range?  It is a waste of time.  

@Tiffi16 there is a price filter you can apply to any search

Thank you!  i’ll put in my parameters next time… I do love Airbnb!