Sorting listing by price

Yoav4
Level 10
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Sorting listing by price

Isn't it weird that you cannot sort listing by price?
I think ir's very basic and this is the first site that I saw that doesn't have this option.

Of course other sorting options such as reviews, distance from request place etc could be nice but price is like I mention is basic.
What do you think?

94 Replies 94
Andrew-Ian0
Level 1
Volcano, HI

yeah i'm booking through hotels.com as a result

I am doing the same 🙂

Daniel2687
Level 1
Braintree, MA

Yep - me too.  This is why i don't use airbnb anymore.  User interface is horrible.  On top of not letting you sort, you can't even put dates in before it searches. You have to put in the place - wait wait wait for it to search for date you don't care about - and then put your dates in.  Bye Bye Airbnb.

@Daniel2687 No sorting of price just like other things which Airbnb does not implement. The reason is not that they are not capable of doing it. It is because Airbnb wants to control which place is shown to guests for staying. And in the meantime, Airbnb can control the ranking of hosts listings.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

But you can filter by price ! But would like a "sort by price" option too, because one of my listings is the cheapest accommodation in town and i wiil be on top of search results !

Daniel2687
Level 1
Braintree, MA

This is Airbnb's response.  I'm glad they feel empowered and manipulative enough to "control" what I want to see.   But I can control which web sites i use - and it will no longer be theirs.

From Airbnb:   The reason is not that they are not capable of doing it. It is because Airbnb wants to control which place is shown to guests for staying. And in the meantime, Airbnb can control the ranking of hosts listings.

WELL BRAVO FOR ALL YOUR CONTROL!!!

Lokesh3
Level 1
Irvine, CA

User interface is horrible.  On top of not letting you sort based on the price.

David4336
Level 1
Munich, Germany

I landed here because I was searching for this feature as well.  It is as the first poster said a BASIC FEATURE of any platform like this.  Of course if AirBnB can make money by doing their own sort (which they are either directly or indirectly) unfortunately we the users have to suffer. At least my equally important criteria, position, is well done.  As a user I have options of where to search and book and I do.

Michael3400
Level 1
Asheville, NC

This is so aggravating because of the wild difference in "cleaning fees" people charge.

Toby77
Level 1
Kensington, MD

I happened upon this post because i thought i was doing something wrong on the site. I have never used a B&B service, but wanted too. One thing i know for sure now is that I wont use Air B&B. Charging a service fee( that helps them run their platform ) but cant provide a needed service up front? Why would i think they would be there for me later if i needed?? nope...

Jonathan723
Level 1
Montereau, France

Yup, so I am desperately looking for placeS to stay in a foreign contry I'll be staying in for a long time. Not being able to sort by price is frustrating enough, but airbnb even denies you to see the price per night until you input your dates.
How am i supposed to do for a long stay (a year straight)? I can't know by advance if a place will be good enough for me AND if it will be available if I can't even know exactly when I will be available myself.
So I have to fight with the listings from a full country, THEN if a place looks good (and after the page loaded), I have to set dates to get the price, only then I can see it's way more expensive than I can even dream to afford.
Good job airbnb, I'll be losing weeks on this just because you decide to hide prices. Why? Because it makes booking more effective? I seriously doubt so considering the struggle it is to even find a place to begin with.
And the site being excessively slow adds insult to injury.
As I see it, airbnb leaves me really no choice but to look for alternative. No one wins in this case, things are made impossible for me and I'll have difficulties finding places to stay in, hosts are losing clients leading to airbnb losing their share. Where's the logic in that?

@Jonathan723 The reason why airbnb doesn't show prices before you add dates is because they can't. The prices varies a lot from day to day and week to week - high season/low season. When you add dates you will be presented for those listings that are available. With no dates you will see every listing in an area also those who haven't been active for 2 years. Most hosts do not accept long-term guests. You can when you have added dates choose to filter your search with setting a maximum price. If you have an idea of the dates you need a place try an add 30 days into the filter. That way you will be presented for those hosts that allow or offer longer stays. I for instance have a maximum of 4 days so you wouldn't see mine.

Best, Sandra 

Bryan297
Level 1
Great Neck, NY

I've run into this **bleep** numerous times over the years. It is maddening that we can't sort by price, especially when there are numerous listings in the area. At least they are now showing the true total price on the search screen so I can try to filter that way but they only put x number of listings per page so I constantly have to look through each **bleep** page. Is there not some web addon or script that we can use to get this functionality now?

@Bryan297 You can filter and add min. and max. price. That way you will only see those listings within your price range.

Best, Sandra 

Thanks for trying to help but that's not what people want to do. You can only set nightly price which doesn't take into account any additional fees. If I want to spend $1000 max out the door for my 5 night trip and I set nightly price limit to $200, airbnb will still show me units that are $200 a night plus $200 cleaning fee plus $150 service fee etc... Which is above my $1k total. By not providing a sort by total, I'm unable to easily avoid seeing these units in favor of one's I'll actually book.