Sorting listing by price

Yoav4
Level 10
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Sorting listing by price

Isn't it weird that you cannot sort listing by price?
I think ir's very basic and this is the first site that I saw that doesn't have this option.

Of course other sorting options such as reviews, distance from request place etc could be nice but price is like I mention is basic.
What do you think?

94 Replies 94

@Bryan297 In Europe everything is included when you enter dates, number of guests. It will show the daily price incl. every fee next to the total amount incl. every fee. That makes it very easy to find listings within a certain price range. 

Yes, it will show the total price on the search results, but if you are in a hot tourist area, like some of the ski towns here in the States, it could result in 7 pages of results. It would be nice if 1. I didn't even have to see the options I am NOT going to book anyway due to the price or 2. At least letting me sort by price so I can see the ones relevant to what I want first and ignore the rest. This is much less of an issue when you only have like 5 search results.

David6263
Level 1
Inverness, FL

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY STILL HAVE NOT UPDATED THIS -EXPECTED- FEATURE. Airbnb, please give your customers a simple sort by price...it's kind of ridiculous that you don't. Seriously, stop screwing us over.

this is the third time over the last to years that I try to book on airbnb, once I remember that this (sort by price) feature is not available I end up booking at HOTELS.COM

Giri3
Level 2
Chennai, IN

Yes.  I agree. The BNB software is inadequate on so many levels.

I cannot sort by price on BRBO either. I can set the range which is different but I cant even do that with airbnb. Using ipad. Trying to direct us their way is the reason why I stopped using other sites. You can sort by price on regular sites, but it was fake, top results were not the cheapest.

Miroslav67
Level 1
Glendale, CA

The solution is called VRBO.COM

Hi everyone,

As a consumer it frustrates me every time I visit this site that I dont have a sort by price button like nearly every other site for nearly everything else in the world.

I realise that being able to give priority listing rewards to product suppliers is more important to the company than consumer convenience. 

That sort of marketing style can be frustrating for many consumers tho. Liken the ploys used for buying real estate or a car, or sometimes even trying to find stuff in some supermarkets. 

Yes I see the price range tag which can nearly get there in a roundabout way - but that still doesnt provide what I would like and am used to elsewhere.

It is a pity the company cant do something else to reward suppliers that wont frustrate consumers as much.

I will continue to use airbnb but I thought I would add my bit to this conversation as this has urked me for ages (as I see it has to some other consumers).

Cheers

Michelle2280
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

its very misleading because the hosts are putting a lower price a night but only have that one night in the whole month making the other days double of the original search. I get you're going to pay more then your search because of the fees but don't be shady and cheat the system. If you don't want a cheaper clientele then put the price your feel your property is worth and in return you will get the clientele who is willing to pay for it. Yes of course holidays and peak days will be different but they should block out those days from the search.

100% agree. The most basic function that even an entry level programmer could do is void from this site, only makes things so difficult. I waste a lot of time looking for low price places for short time stays. 

Anandhakumar0
Level 2
Chennai, India

Yes. "Sort by price" is a very basic necessity and mandatory requirement for any type of booking site.   As a consumer of any booking site, I would like to see the cheaper options first.    This question was posted in 2017. Now it is 2021. Still they do not have this option.  I do not know how airbnb became popular without this basic feature. 

Arnaud374
Level 2
Nantes, France

Airbnb sucks so much. Most of the time I swap it for booking.com because it offers the option.

I wonder why they keep developing this app if the goal is to provide below the bare minimum of options.

At least, I would never accept a job in such enterprises, the lack of options reveals it must be managed by greedy Assholes with a focus on Data before the Human.

It must be a nightmare to work with such board of directors.

Playing with the price slider is similar to sorting by price, yes a little more work.

John5919
Level 1
Marlborough, United Kingdom

Absolutely agree - it's MEGA frustrating that you can't sort by price. Enough to make me stop bothering with AirBNB and go elsewhere.

Joseph1639
Level 1
Taylorsville, UT

Totally! All I’m asking for is 1) the 3 cheapest places 2) that are closest to my current location. 
Seems about as basic as you can ask for.. 

Why on earth would they not have either of these features?.. instead they allow you to filter by how many fridges the place has…